GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat for my 2008 GL 1800 is on it's way to the Russell Day-Long folks, and I am leaning towards Velour inserts. I especially like the idea of Velour to prevent the sweat from forming on my backrest, (and bottom too) and it seems to me that sliding around on the seat would be reduced a bit as well, which is not all bad.

However, I still have some time to change my mind, and I am wondering what those of you who have TRIED or USED the Velour think of it. Care, Cleaning, Comfort, etc.. (I plan to Scotch Gaurd it right away, perhaps with several coats.)

Please do not respond unless you have Personal experience with the Velour Inserts from Russell-Day Long.

Thanks so much.

Dan in Indiana.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a friend with the velour inserts in their Hartco seat. Once on a trip with them we were in a movie or museum or something along those lines and a little rain cloud came up and soaked their seat. They have a cover to put on the seat for rain, but it didn't look like rain when we went in, so for the next two days or so everytime they got off the bike their butts were wet. When I had my seat made from Russell I put in the leather inserts, light grey. It comes with a rain cover also but you never know. Just my experience. On a side note they love their Hartco and wouldn't change it. We love our Russell and wouldn't change it, so I ain't alot of help am I. LOL:thumbup:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have the velour russell seat

it reduces the perspiration in your seated area, aka yer butt

since it allows air flow

i have a tourking cover to slap on when it rains, to keep it dry

i did purchase the russell rain cover to use while riding in the rain

mine looks the same as the day i got it

no special care

scotch gaurd would tend to seal the air flow off, from what i read

i dont use anything at all on mine

i also had them add the factory heated wires from honda, and also sent in the passenger back rest to have the cover matched exactly

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Loren, for the tidbit about the Scotch Guard. I'll do more research before I go nuts with any of that stuff.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I had a Hartco with velour ion my 1500. I don't recall finding it notably more comfortable than anything else as far as its supposed breathing capaility.
I think how it strikes you in appearance might be a bigger factor. I got to thinking it looked pretty 70s after a time but some obviously don't mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts