GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Seattle area have a custom seat by Russell? I would like to see one first hand and maybe sit on it before I buy. It's a lot of money to shell out . I have seen every other custom seat and was just wondering how many of you out there have the Russell and your opinion
Thanks ahead of time
Karry
I posted this in the General board allso

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I don't live in Seattle but will probably be that way in the next month or so for some electrical work. I have the Russell seat and couldn't be happier. I did an Iron butt Bun bunner gold the 2nd day after I got the seat. I am getting ready to have the foam replaced because I have wore it out but I have put over 100,000 miles on it in the last 2 years. :D

Send me your phone by e-mail and I will call and let you know when I will be in the area. Sheila

e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Going to the Chiliburger get together in ID on Oct 7th, and will be in Olympia at Quickdraws place on Monday afternoon if you want to sit on one. It is about one and a half years old, has about 25000 miles on it, and still fits my butt.

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
IR Harry, I wish I could make the Chili burger run but have to help my daugher move into her first apartment that week in St. Louis. Tell Dale Hi for me and leave my tires alone that he is holding for me :)

I am going to need them when I get back up that way the end of Oct or so. Sheila

·
Registered
375 Posts
I cried when I sold my Kawasaki Voyager XII. Why? Because the Russell seat I had on it would not fit the Gold Wing. It was, without question, the most comfortable seat I have ever had on a motorcycle - period. I rode many long hard days, and my butt was never unhappy. Three 700 mile+ days to Salt Lake City, no problem. A 900 mile day in the middle of the summer across Arkansas, Tennessee and into NC, daytime temps over 100 degrees. No problem. After 4 hours on the stock Gold Wing seat my butt hurts.

I will be replacing the stock Gold Wing seat with a Russell this winter.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Shelia - I'll break Dales fingers so he can't grab your tires. But you know how Dayle is - he has to have spikes in his tires because whenever he rides, the snow gods annoint him. With him going to the Chiliburger, I expect a Canadian blizzard to descend upon us :snow1: :snow1: , except that the sun gods always follow me around :sun1: :sun1: .....and I have powerful karma.... :bow:

If you get by the Soggy Suthern Orygun Coast give a shout.

Harry

·
Registered
973 Posts
I had a Russell Day-Long seat, once. It was a total P.O.C. and very expensive to boot. I rode down to Shasta, CA, and back, twice, just so they could “custom fit” it to my butt. After I left them the last time the seat was so uncomfortable that I was just about in tears in less than 300 miles and I didn’t have the time to turn around but had to get home. Honestly, the last time they tried to fix it, it became the worst motorcycle seat I have ever ridden on. I know that sounds like an exaggeration but I really mean it. Today you couldn't run fast enough to give me a Russell product after the way they treated me. My experience with them was horrible and there is no "Money back guarantee” in my experience and I gave them two opportunities to repair the seat instead of the one they request. Actually, Russell is just about the ONLY vendor I have had ANY trouble with in the last twenty years. If you decide to go that route I hope you get a good one the first time because based on my experience if you get one that doesn’t fit you, then you are probably not ever going to get any satisfaction from them. I recommend any seat manufacturer other than Russell.

Caveat Emptor, my friends, Caveat Emptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts