GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get a Russell seat for my GL1800 this winter, now should I get the Russell backrest at this time or get another backrest to add later.

Moby

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I had Russell recover my Utopia when they did the seat. Worked for me.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Get the Russell Backrest at the same time. I like the way it mounts into the seat over the Utopia.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Moby Dick,

You may want to shop around a little bit more before getting a Russell product. Do a search on this board and others for Russell and Day Long. Russell has many happy customers I’m sure but be warned that they have quite a few very unhappy customers. Bottom line is if you get a good seat from them all is well. If you get one that doesn't work you may be in for a very expensive lesson. People have spent thousands of dollars trying to get a Russell seat to work and walked away with nothing but a bad taste in their mouth and a seat that they can’t use. His money back guarantee is a sham. They will tease you along telling you it has to break in a little longer or drag their feet while “fixing” the problem, often without satisfactory results then all of a sudden he’ll tell you that the money back guarantee is only good for one year and guess what, your over! Personally, I wouldn’t give you a nickel for the whole Russell bunch and there are a lot more out there that feel the same way.

Caveat Emptor my friend, Caveat Emptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts