GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all GL1800ridiers. com Trikers

Many of you ventured to the Hill Country in the Spring and Fall of ’08, and have plans for the a Spring ride to Lower Alabama and/or to the Hill Country in Kerrville to meet and greet some of your Gl1800riders.com Trike riding buddies.

If you have done so, or plan to do these rides, you know how much fun they can be.

If you didn't have the opportunity to make these gatherings, here’s your chance for another GL1800riders.com Trike Meet & Greet.

Come ride with us, as we roll through some of the most beautiful motorcycle roads in the country.

Join us in Russellville, Arkansas.

Plans for The Russellville Colors Gathering are presently coming together. We hope to have this event in October on the 15, 16, 17, & 18. The host hotel will be the Best Western at 2326 N Arkansas Ave (AR 7). This hotel is about two blocks south of I-40. (479) 967-1000.

MS Shirley with the Best Western has graciously granted us a price of $54 (plus tax) for a king non-smoking, and $60 (plus tax) for a Double. This price is good until Sept 1st (6 weeks before the gathering).

Tell them you want accommodations for the Russellville Colors Gathering. Hotel accommodations for the Russellville gathering can be made now.

Registration for the gathering is forthcoming, and should be open a few days after the Hill Country Trike Roundup at http://texastriketours.com/.

Mark your calendars, and make your plans now....!!!

Come see us in Russellville

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds good Wilson. Some great rideing in that country. We will be there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wilson,
It sounds like a lot of fun and good riding. We are planning to be there. We are looking forward to the spring and fall gatherings.
Dozerman
Everett and Carol

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gene, Everett, Jim, :bow:

Grab all your GL1800 trike buddies and bring them along.

October is sooo farrrr away. I can't wait....!!!

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is this a trike only event or may you ride over on one of your other bikes?

I ask because I'm not sure If I'll make the July Wing Ding in Tulsa. I live about 35 miles from the Tulsa Fairgrounds but the wife and I also go to Colordao for the Colorado VTX'ers gathering that's at the same time as the Wing Ding. If we go to Colorado it might be fun to make it over to Arkansas in the fall instead.

Depending on the weather and how my leg feels I could be on my X or on the trike.

Tejas

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tejas,

Historically, Dean (wife) and I have ridden to the various GL1800riders trike gatherings on two bikes (me on the Royal Star, and she on the trike), we then participate in the trikes rides and events on the trike.

:doorag:

·
Registered
73 Posts
HI Wilson, txpegleg here just want ask u thing.Is sunday the 18th of oct. in Russellville go to be packup and go home day. Like last oct. was in the hill county.:bow::doorag::popcorn: thanks for the inf.txpegleg see u all there

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Wilson, I called the Best Western in Russellville early yesterday morning to make our reservations for October and the only rooms that were left were "smoking" rooms and they were going fast. I reserved one just to get a "leg in". She did, however, noted on the computer to put us in for a "non-smoking" room if one should become available. She told me that weekend was just about fully booked up. SOOOO, if anyone of you out there expect to get a room at the Best Western in Russellville for the Fall Colors Tour, in October, you had better get a "move on" and get to it.

Ron McGowan
Pearland, Texas

·
Registered
73 Posts
HI I just booked with super 8 motel in Russellville, ar. About 215 ft.from the Bestwestern there.I king size non-smoking room for 269.96 tax in allfor four nights.:excited::popcorn::doorag:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Trike Gathering

We will try to make it depending on how much vacation we have left by then .I will let you know later in the year .

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI Wilson, txpegleg here just want ask u thing.Is sunday the 18th of oct. in Russellville go to be packup and go home day. Like last oct. was in the hill county.:bow::doorag::popcorn: thanks for the inf.txpegleg see u all there
Hello James,

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to your message. Dean & I were in West Yellowstone, MT. We left on Monday morning (Feb 16th), flew out of Houston, to Salt Lake, and Bozeman, then a short bus ride to West Yellowstone, for 4 days of snowmobile experience. We returned late last night, and had a lot of catchup to do.

Yes to your question. Sunday is just to say goodbye to new and old friends. For most trikers, the ride home will be an all-day thing. Besides, the Saturday night gathering may very well last a while, so leaving on Sunday morning is probable a good thing.

Hope to see you soon. Thanks for your interest....!!!

My West Yellowstone pics are on my PICASA site, West Yellowstone album.

:doorag: :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Wilson, I called the Best Western in Russellville early yesterday morning to make our reservations for October and the only rooms that were left were "smoking" rooms and they were going fast. I reserved one just to get a "leg in". She did, however, noted on the computer to put us in for a "non-smoking" room if one should become available. She told me that weekend was just about fully booked up. SOOOO, if anyone of you out there expect to get a room at the Best Western in Russellville for the Fall Colors Tour, in October, you had better get a "move on" and get to it.

Ron McGowan
Pearland, Texas
Hello Ron,

I will call and speak to MS Shirley at teh Best Western in the morning.

I was assured there was no other activity beside us for that weekend at the hotel. We had some forty rooms earmarked for us. I haven't seen enough activity here to convince me that all those rooms are already booked.

I will check in the AM..........!!!!

:coffee1: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Russellville Colors Gathering

Attention all trikers headed for Russellville in October:

I just spoke to Shirley at the Best Western in Russellville. She indicated there are still plenty of rooms available for the October gathering.

Anyone interested, must make accommodations under the name of "RUSSELLVILLE COLORS GATHERING".

At $54 plus tax for a King N/S room, I feel this is a great price. The Best Western has bent over back-wards to help our cause. Please use the host hotel.

We look forward to seeing everyone in October.

:doorag: :coffee1: :doorag:

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's one great area. I have done a fall leaf ride the last two years to Russellville, AR. The area has some great riding and some very interesting spots. In my opinion, you might be a week or two early to get the best leaf color but that all depends on the year. Our last 2 years we went the first weekend of November and in 2007 it was nearly perfect. This last fall there wasn't much color due to a very dry summer and a very early freeze that caused the leaves to go from green to brown and drop very early. It all depends on the year.

This picutre was taken just west of Jasper, AR in the lost valley where there is a heard of elk that come out in the valey to graze almost every evening. And, as you can see, the leaf color was outstanding.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Attention all trikers headed for Russellville in October:

I just spoke to Shirley at the Best Western in Russellville. She indicated there are still plenty of rooms available for the October gathering.

Anyone interested, must make accommodations under the name of "RUSSELLVILLE COLORS GATHERING".

At $54 plus tax for a King N/S room, I feel this is a great price. The Best Western has bent over back-wards to help our cause. Please use the host hotel.

We look forward to seeing everyone in October.

:doorag: :coffee1: :doorag:
Wow, I didn't even know there was a gathering here in October! I am in Russellville until this Thursday if you need any info locally. My Mom lives here in Russellville (I live in Northwest Arkansas) and visit just about weekly. Dad passed away this past Saturday night and I'll be here checking on Mom quite frequently.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know there was a gathering here in October! I am in Russellville until this Thursday if you need any info locally. My Mom lives here in Russellville (I live in Northwest Arkansas) and visit just about weekly. Dad passed away this past Saturday night and I'll be here checking on Mom quite frequently.
Sorry for your loss....hope "MOM" does OK...tough times for sure....
Take care of your mother.....I'm sure you will.

Be safe all

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First and foremost, we are sorry to hear of your lost. Like Frank indicated, take care of Mom, there's only one.

The thought of this gathering was born back in late October '08. We have been planning this gathering ever since. It looks like it may show some interest yet.

For Patron: We chose the dates because many things that kept coming up on later weekends. I also love the Jasper Area. I especially love the food at the Ozark Cafe. By the way, that is a nice pic.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bringing this back up........ check your "Fall Vacation" schedule.

Info for this ride is on the first post.

We hope to see you there....!!!

:popcorn: :doorag: :popcorn:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm planning on being there, God willin n the creek don't rise...lol
Weather dependant, I might camp it. I can run a heater in my Bunkhouse.

Can't wait to meet ya'll finally.

aka Rodeogypsy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts