34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Very beautiful!

Some of those shots look like Colorado!

How long were you guys on the road?

After pointing a "gun" there for a few years, I would love to come and ride that country.

Goldwings as International diplomacy tools....

Maybe we should change the way diplomats meet, something might get done.

But if a bike's involved, maybe not. :joke:

I do have to ask one thing....

Is this some kind of "special" Russian wing addition? Over here we get in trouble for running run flat car tires, but these???

Do they really make it go faster?

Or is it a balance thing?

Great pics, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Спасибо!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Wow, thanks for sharing!

Excuse my ignorance, but having never seen Russia, I am amazed at how similar the scenery looks to what'd you'd find over here in the USA.

Nice to see that we all share a common love of riding, across the world even.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Super fotki Helgi...spasibo :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Я хотел бы сделать это. Смотрите Россия, когда он ехал Gold Wing ... разве это не здорово!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
One thing is for sure,the universal language for all Goldwinger's is a SMILE.....:lol:....That's some real nice contry you guys have over there.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Спасибо за фотографии., это - красивое место. Uou любил бы Колорадо.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, I hope I can see o lot in States next year. I'm planning Round-the-world tour (lite)) on my Goldwing.

I want to ride from Moscow to Vladivostok, than on a plane arrive to Anchorage, down the cost to the Los Angeles, trip a bit for Route 66, than to the Grand Canyon, and across the States to Chicago. Than to New York and by plane to the Lisbon, Portugal, and trough the Southern Europe back home.

Well, this is huge trip but I'm seriously preparing, and will accept any help with my trip (suggestion and information, as well as - it 'll be needed a bit later - invitation to your country, and help with negotiations with customs and other bureaucracy ('cause I'm 26 years old, and single - so there could be a problems with visa to the USA).

Thanks for your comments)

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
well, I hope I can see o lot in States next year. I'm planning Round-the-world tour (lite)) on my Goldwing.

I want to ride from Moscow to Vladivostok, than on a plane arrive to Anchorage, down the cost to the Los Angeles, trip a bit for Route 66, than to the Grand Canyon, and across the States to Chicago. Than to New York and by plane to the Lisbon, Portugal, and trough the Southern Europe back home.

Well, this is huge trip but I'm seriously preparing, and will accept any help with my trip (suggestion and information, as well as - it 'll be needed a bit later - invitation to your country, and help with negotiations with customs and other bureaucracy ('cause I'm 26 years old, and single - so there could be a problems with visa to the USA).

Things to remember when applying for a visa:
1) Do not hire an agent - a sure way to loose money and not get a visa.
2) Carefully read the US consulate web page for the one in your country - and follow the instructions carefully!
3) Everyone coming to the USA is assumed to be attempting to immigrate - you must prove a very good reason that you will return to you home.
4) You must show proof that you will not become a burden on US taxpayers while here - what is your continued means of support?
5) You must have all supporting paperwork with you when you go to your interview. The interview is the determination for getting a visa, so take it seriously, and reserve it well in advance of your trip (it is not unknown to have a two-month backlog in some countries).

I have international students in for training all of the time from all over the world. Often they can't get visas because they did not follow the simple instructions on the US consulate web site for their country. An Indian friend tried (with and agent) for years to come and never succeeded. I sent him an invitation letter and instructed him to apply in person for the visa. He followed my instructions, had his interview, and was surprised when they called him to come pick up his passport with the visa in it. He thinks I know someone powerful in the government, now. I just passed on the instructions from the US consulate for India.

Moscow's is here: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/
Others listed here: http://www.usembassy.gov/

Good luck! You may find getting the necessary visas (although a Schegen visa will cover most of Europe) a major amount of the work involved.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
If you're traveling from Chicago to New York, you will pass within a few miles of us...we would love it if you stop in!

Rich & Becky

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

> We would be happy to host you in Los Angeles, as well as assist in any trip planning elsewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts