GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a reputable RV Rental place around the Portland area?

We are heading back to Maine the first of August for a week or so, and looking to rent one for the family.

If anyone personally has one they'd like to rent... then please let me know that too. We've done this in a few cities that we've vacationed in... but usually via folks advertising their RV's on Craigslist.

A current Craigslist search for Maine, NH, and Mass, show's nobody currently looking to rent theirs, so I thought I'd check with you folks here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cruise America in Topsham, Maine - Topsham Rental Center 207-798-4546

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Baldone...

Just gave them a call and they are backlogged until September. Shame on me for waiting so long.

I've called Seacoast RV in Saco and Destinations RV in Portland. They are sold out as well. I found a place in Portsmouth, but they only have a half week available.

We'll see how it all pans out.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jason,

Believe it or not... I've called them too. In fact, I think I've called just about every RV rental place from Boston to Maine. Everyone one of them are sold out for that week...

Except...

I found a 30' Class C for rent in Hampton, NH at http://www.adventurervrentals.net/ due to another party cancelling! :)

Just put the deposit down and we pick it up on the 1st! Thanks for the helps folks, I really appreciate it. :)

Can anyone recommend any good campgrounds around Bar Harbor or Rockland? :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update! :)

I've got two nights in Rangely State Park and two nights in Acadia NP booked. We are spending 1 night in Bangor with friends, then hitting the road first thing in the morning to Rockland for the Lobster Festival.

Here's a question for any of you Mainiacs around the Ellsworth area.

We will be spending the entire day at the Festival then driving up to Acadia in the evening. It will be too late to check-in to the campground in Acadia so I was wondering if anyone knew if the Wal-Mart in Ellsworth still allows RV parking overnight?

Of... if any of you know of another decent spot to park the rig for a short night around the Ellsworth/Bar Harbor area... I'd appreciate the info. :)

Thanks!

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts