GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How much work "button pushing" to use the XM when following routes?
2. When using XM weather "Sailor" can you still play XM stations?
3. The bitching Betty goes through your intercom, what does XM play though?
4. Would I be better off just keeping the XM I have on the bike and only use the 478 XM for weather because of ease of use?
5. Any problems or short comings with the 478?
6. When you use the XM weather along with a route does your routes still play through your intercom?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
1. How much work "button pushing" to use the XM when following routes?
While navigating, simply pressing the "page" button will display the XM radio page. Changes can be made through this page.

2. When using XM weather "Sailor" can you still play XM stations?
Yes, assuming you have subscribed to XM radio and the unit is receiving stations.

3. The bitching Betty goes through your intercom, what does XM play though?
Actually, voice prompts and music is played thru the Wing's AUX feature...and yes, your rider can hear too if you have the intercom on.

4. Would I be better off just keeping the XM I have on the bike and only use the 478 XM for weather because of ease of use?
IMHO, I would use the XM that comes with the 478 or you will have to split the AUX due to having two sources.

5. Any problems or short comings with the 478?
For me, the 478 does exactly what I want from a GPS (I have used both an SPIII and 2730).

6. When you use the XM weather along with a route does your routes still play through your intercom?
You can select to hear the XM radio, the route prompts, weather alerts, and CB traffic without hitting a single button while underway...so the answer would be yes.

By the way, as I type this note, I'm sitting at my desk, watching the rain approach from the west, and listening to XM all on the 478...very cool!

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts