GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a wing forum, but its the only forum I belong to where the members have knowledge of other bikes beside the featured one. I am curious if anyone has the HP and torque specs of the S&S 107 ci engine. Was looking to add a toy to the garage that had one of these in it, and was trying to compare it to the performance of my Wing and other v-twins I have owned in the past.

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
107 ci/1750cc
105 Brake hp @ 5500 rpm
115 ft. lbs. of Torque @ 4000 rpm
Bore: 4.000
Stroke: 4.450
Compression Ratio 9.6:1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! That was quick! Thanks.

Those numbers aren't too bad for a v-twin. Will have to consider a test ride.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ford68xl,

I had a 2003 Big Dog Mastiff with the S&S 107 and Baker 6 speed Tranny.

It was a hell of a nice combo and I guess that I must be a little more Hard Core than many riders here as that was actually the bike I went to Harleys 100th Anniversary on.

We went from Kansas City Kansas to Springfield ,Il 330 miles the first day and the into Milwaukee 300 miles on the second.

The ride home we did a straight thru retun trip from Milwuakee to Kansas City through Des Moines Ia about 600 miles with rain for the last 4 plus hours.

Not bad for a semi Chopper with a 240 rear tire, had it set up with 16" Ape Hangers and a 10" Riders backrest with my touring pack set up as a backrest for myself, Throw over leather saddle bags and my tent and sleeping bag bungeed to the top of my tour pack.

My point is that the Motor/Tranny package performed beautifully and at speeds that would not be sanctionable by the IBA, if you know what I mean.

Great motor and Tranny if you just propely maintain them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts