1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Thanks, Wheels. Bad news for sure. I am a little confused, was she on a two wheeler or trike?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very sad to hear this. I will add her to our church's prayer list...she will be prayed for constantly.

As someone mentioned in the other post, maybe we could take up a collection later for her.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
George, when I met Bev this past summer while she was doing her Iron Butt ride, she was on her two wheeler. She said that she was spending more time on two wheels. This happened while she was riding her two wheeler. Very sad indeed.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I don't know Her, but if she rode two or three she had to be a good person...My heart go's out to her...

·
Registered
243 Posts
So sad to hear this....our thought's and prayers will be with Bev and her family.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxjunky
Prayer's sent from Texas. Dear Lord please be with her and the doctors and staff that are caring for her. Please Bless her with a speedy recovery Amen!
Toolbox

We keep her lifted up on this end also.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
George, when I met Bev this past summer while she was doing her Iron Butt ride, she was on her two wheeler. She said that she was spending more time on two wheels. This happened while she was riding her two wheeler. Very sad indeed.
Jim, several of us met Bev last Spring while at Winchester,Va during the rally. She was riding her two-wheeler at that time. Someone pointed out that she didn't make the rally picnic (when you and Frank grossed all of us wearing your SPEEDO'S) . Was she doing her "Iron Butt" at that time?

Wayne

·
Registered
539 Posts
I didn't know Beverly but read many of her posts on the old board. I enjoyed her wit, helpful comments and willingness to assist others. This is Hoping she has a speedy and full recovery and returns to the Forums as of old.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We have never met her but prayer have been sent from Washington State

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had a one of my buddies go down right in front of me yesterday. He was on 2 wheels got loose in the pebbles. He came out with minor scratches and rash. He was wearing his leathers. But no helmet. We had a talk about that later that day. That makes 3 now and it doesn't get any easier.
We had about 8 in our group. Something that chapped my a$$ was that it seemed that 3 of the other rider didn't give a darn about what went on and was laughing about other wrecks they had seen. If I wasn't busy trying to make sure my friend was alright one of them would have gotten clocked! Didn't know them, don't care to ride with them again.
Sorry I guess I'm venting still!
What does this have to do with Bev.? To me it doesn't matter if you were there or not. The fellow rider is still down and hurting and needs our prayers and support. Never met Bev. but so many folks speak so highly of her she's gotta be a gem. I'm saddened by hearing the news and my prayers go out to her.
I have heard so many times on here that there are two types of riders "Those that have been down and Those that will go down". I pray that if and when my time comes I will be blessed that the Good Lord will do whatever he chooses for me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wheels: Chuckie here; I live in Tampa and although I have never met Bev. I have enjoyed her comments on occasion. If there is some way we can help, please let us know. A simple thing such as a visit can be very healing. I don't know how to get in touch with Bev, and without her last name the hospital will not give out any info, which is quite understandable. In the meantime lets all hope she has been miss- diagnosed, and will be up and around soon
Chuckie

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
As far as I know, Bev sold her trike to a relative and only has her new 2 wheeler.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Prayers sent from Kentucky...met Bev and her puppy at Apple Cade, fine lady she is....
Get well soon and I too hope the doctors are wrong....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Joan and I had the pleasure of meeting this fine lady at Apple-Cade. We're better people for having met her.

May the Good Lord guide her Doctor's hands.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Our prayers and thoughts are with you and hope you have a full recovery. May God bless and keep you. Never met Bev but hear all good things about her.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
. . . Was she doing her "Iron Butt" at that time?

Wayne
Hi Wayne. As I understand it, she may have been on her way back from a lunch run that was put together by some of the Florida folks. The thread that I refer to on the General Board has some information, but not much at this point. Let's pray that the doctors are wrong about her possibly breaking her back.

Chuckie

There have been a few suggestions on the General board, so we might want to watch over there and see what becomes of it. I am hoping good things for Bev. Having met her this summer, as she was on her way home from completing her Iron Butt and visiting her mom, I am a better person for it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wheels: Chuckie here; I live in Tampa and although I have never met Bev. I have enjoyed her comments on occasion. If there is some way we can help, please let us know. A simple thing such as a visit can be very healing. I don't know how to get in touch with Bev, and without her last name the hospital will not give out any info, which is quite understandable. In the meantime lets all hope she has been miss- diagnosed, and will be up and around soon
Chuckie
Chuckie, according to the newspaper article, Beverly's last name is Singer. She resides in the Palm Beach Gardens area. She was transported to the Tampa General Hospital. If you get the opportunity to get by the hospital, please tell her that the guys on the Board are praying for her speedy recovery.

Motorcycle Accident Injures Palm Beach Garden Resident
Brad Dickerson
Published: February 2, 2009
A Palm Beach Gardens woman was injured Saturday night following a motorcycle accident at U.S. 98 and County Road 721 in Highlands County.
Beverly Singer, 59, was traveling east on U.S. 98 (State Road 700) on a 2007 Honda motorcycle when, for reasons unknown, she lost control of the vehicle, according to the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP). It left the roadway and overturned.
Singer was ejected from the motorcycle, which came to a final rest facing westbound. The driver, who was wearing a helmet, was transported to Tampa General Hospital with serious injuries, the FHP said. Alcohol was not a factor in the accident. Hospital authorities listed her condition as critical as of noon today.
Total damages from the accident came to $2,000. FHP Trooper John Paikai investigated the crash.

Wayne

·
Registered
539 Posts
Check the last post on the general board by Skeeterbeater as it gives the latest info on Beverly. According to the post she does have a broken back and two broken ribs etc. Don't know how to quote without getting reply to that thread. Sorry but at least you guys can go there for the latest as Bev's friend Rene is reporting to Skeeterbeater.

Note: This info is under thread "Beverly - S&W Winger down and serious" by Skeeterbeater on the 8th page

1 - 20 of 22 Posts