GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I wonder if he will be in the wheelchair for life. If not, maybe a group from this board could get together and put his bike back together for him. Then show up once a month to ride it for a few miles to keep in shape for the time when he'll be able to toss a leg over.

I can't do it because I live too far away, but we have plenty of folks from LA and East Texas that might be able to help him.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
BlueWing said:
Sounds like a good deal for someone.
Could be. But the phone number listed is a New Orleans cell number, and Abita Springs is just across lake Ponchartrain from N.O. Personally, I wouldn't even put the $500 down until I had a chance to inspect the bike in person. IMHO, this one has some red flags going up and 'buyer beware' on it.

OR, it could be a good deal for someone close enough to look at it first (but IMO the seller can keep the trailer).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Abita Springs is bout an hour away from me. If anyone is interested..I can go take a look see.

The paint does not look custom to me......looks like the factory Illusion Blue.

RRP

S

·
0 Posts
Happened to notice this, don't know if it really mean anything but kinda odd . Mind you if rrp0968 is willing to go eyeball the unit then it might work out ok . :?:

Note: The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I can't help but wonder if it isn't apart from being cleaned up from having been under flood waters. I'm always skeptical of things like this. Maybe it's fine but, as someone else said, I wouldn't be sending any deposit until I'd seen the bike. JMHO

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Coincidence that the 'description specifics' doesn't have the information that other bikes on ebay have? Miles, VIN, etc.? Maybe it's just because a woman wrote the auction?

I just sold an 'almost non-working' laptop on ebay. The woman sent me a check (I stated in the auction that any checks would have to clear). I took the check to the bank and asked the teller how long before I knew the bank cleared. She asked me why. I said that the checking acct. was started 03-03, and the check was only #426. We talked about it for a while, and as I was leaving, she said that her signature 'looked like she could be honest'. :lol:

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
tjshelton said:
I wonder if he will be in the wheelchair for life. If not, maybe a group from this board could get together and put his bike back together for him. Then show up once a month to ride it for a few miles to keep in shape for the time when he'll be able to toss a leg over.

I can't do it because I live too far away, but we have plenty of folks from LA and East Texas that might be able to help him.
That was my first thought too. It would be nice to put it back together for him so he can ride it later. If they need the cash though it would still be nice to put it back together so he could get more for it. I wouldn't feel right trying to capitalize on his misfortune. :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
It would be nice to put it back together for him so he can ride it later. If they need the cash though it would still be nice to put it back together so he could get more for it.
Put back together this should be worth between $13,500 and $13,950 plus whatever the trailer is worth. Warranyy and only 6,000 miles so cosmetics should be only major concern.

A good deed. A good ride. No snow and ice. Wish I was a thousand miles closer.

If this is real, this would be a very good thing to do.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Cherrie said:
The no reverse had me wondering. I do believe all 1800's have reverse.
I haven't laughed out loud about a forum post in a long time. Thanks for the comic relief :beer3:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can't read the state on the license plate hanging up but it looks like LA. If ya have a friend that is a LOE, have him or her run the plate. The plate is right there in open view and can provide some information. If the story is true, putting it back together would get them alot more for sure. Just a thought. If it's true, it's a sad story. However, it does make you wonder. The color to me doesn't look like a OEM color or does it??? Brian

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would bet it is legit. I have bought and sold hundreds of items on ebay and many on this board. Knock on wood, never had a bad transaction. Most scams have a ridiculously low price and are pretty apparent. $8900 is probably top $ disassembled anyway. Says he needs to sell it but if it was back together, it would bring him more $$s. Somebody in the area call the guy. Would be a good project for a GWRRA group. Something to feel good about.

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
I have studied that e bay Plea and here are my findings:

1. The plate is hanging on the wall, someone may want to run it
2. The paint does look custom
3. Did they put that "walker" in the picture for a "reason"?
4. If something is "too good to be true" it usually is

call me a cold hearted ******* but , I have a 10 foot pole here at my house if anyone wants to "borrow" it...

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
call me a cold hearted ******* ...
Ok, you're a cold hearted *******! :lol:

Actually, I don't know... it doesn't look like any scam I've seen before. I'm thinking it's legit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts