GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i watched my wing drive away this saturday. what i believe to be a upright ok fella from st loius drove to des moines and took the old girl home. i bought it new in 2004, but because of health, and marital reasons i lost my love of riding the bike. it waited patiently for me to ride it. it gaveme no grief. but when it left all i could think of was great i have some room in the garage. i still have a garage full of honda dirtbikes that i still enjoy and ride. but my love for the wing was gone. to jim in st louis if you read this i wish you nothing but the best of luck, and hope you have tons of fun with it

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
My 02 went down the driveway week and a half ago. Stay active on the board, never know when you might be able to lend some advice or help someone out.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Sad to Say

They say that all good things come to an end. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
They say that all good things come to an end. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry
Couldn't have said it any better myself. +1

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Best wishes to you and your choice of selling the Wing.

I should not have purchased my current 2012 Gold Wing because of health issues, but I refused to be confined to my house. I may not feel good all of the time and may not ride as often as I used to but I will at least make an attempt to ride a few miles as often as possible. So far I've only logged 3200 miles since November 01, 2012.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts

I should not have purchased my current 2012 Gold Wing because of health issues, but I refused to be confined to my house. I may not feel good all of the time and may not ride as often as I used to but I will at least make an attempt to ride a few miles as often as possible. So far I've only logged 3200 miles since November 01, 2012.
Don't know as how 6,000-7,000 miles/Year qualifies as "only", I've seen more than a few Goldwings on CL or eBay with less than that; and well into their second decade since they first left the Dealership for the first time! Be sure to take of yourself at least as well as the bike though.

·
Banned
8,221 Posts

Hang in there. There is something therapuetic about riding.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I don't normally log more than 5,000 miles or so on the Goldwing. My wife has a Silverwing I ride for short trips, though, and I usually put a couple of thousand miles on it.

Safe riding,
2W

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hey garcoal,

Here's my advice.....you've been there and have done that.....now hang around here as often as you can and please continue to give me and others your advice.......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts