GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Installing a Kriss Technology modulator will do it. Mine were originally hooked up that way with the modulator, but I had them rewired to make the trunk lights flash like turn signals for what I think is better visibility, plus the trunk lights modulate--steady for a few seconds, then a few flashes, then repeat. (At least as I recall without going out and taking off the cover and looking at them all again.) I suspect more technically savvy board members will be able to tell you how to hook a wire in somewhere to just do what you're looking to do without all the modulation, though.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Is there a way to turn the saddle bag lights into turn signals? On a 2003 model
I'm not following youe question.All the GL1800's rear turn signals are in the saddlebags.:shrug:

Are you wanting to use the RED (running/brake) lights as turn signals too?.

EC make a harness to turn your TRUNK outside lights into turn signals if you want more turn signal lights in the rear.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Maybe he is talking about the after market lights on the side of the saddlebags? :shrug:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm assuming your referring to the aftermarket lights on the sides of the bags and yes, with a little work you can do it for a reasonable price. All you need to do is run the power wire for them up to the relay bank under the seat and tap into the relay that controls the front signals. This way, they will be on while the bike is running then, they will flash off and on with the signals just like the front turn signals do. You could even tap into the signals under the mirrors but going to the relay is more than likely the easier way to do it. So the reasonable price is the cost for longer wire and some taps or connections so you can hook it all up. No additional items needed.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Huh??? Where you guys reading that from what he said?:shrug:

I just hate it when-My crystal ball is in the shop for recalibration.dam it! :eek:4:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I didn't, I assumed which works sometimes, but not always. I mainly assumed since I have a friend that wanted to do this recently. Once I told him we would need to run wires to the relay he decided against it but if he wants to do it in the future I'm game to hook it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts