GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my 1st 1200 mile long ride.... I walk like Festus on Gunsmoke..
Can someone please point me to the post about the seat cushion that was talked about on here a couple months ago ??
I can't find it again ..

Thanks
My butt Thanks You .... 8)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I used the Alaska Sheepskin pad this summer when I went to CatsCade. On the way home I rode 1065 miles in one day without an issue. It made the difference between only going 700 comfortable miles and an easy 1000+ miles. When I get home in the morning I will get their web address for you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bought one of thoes pads a few months ago $18 something at Wal-mart and use it now insted of the Butt Buffer, sheep skin or Aqua-Air. I think its great. I did not make any mods to mine just slip the handle under the nose of the seat and stuff the rest under the back. I like the little extra hanging over the sides help support the inner thighs. Give it a try keep the receipt and take it back if you dont like it. Can't lose and no shipping charge.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
tequilaroy said:
I used the Alaska Sheepskin pad this summer when I went to CatsCade. On the way home I rode 1065 miles in one day without an issue. It made the difference between only going 700 comfortable miles and an easy 1000+ miles. When I get home in the morning I will get their web address for you.
Here Roy, take your time:
http://www.alaskaleather.com/

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've been searching local wally's since the original post came out and finally found one this morning. It feels pretty good, if fact for $18 it feels Very good, but my question is this:

Which side is up??!! It has no directions and I can't tell from the picture on the packaging whether the vinyl side or the perforated side goes up...

Can anyone say for sure?? :roll:

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
the side with the holes goes up. the non-dlip side down. I cut mine down and took out the zipper and put in a velcro closure so ti would not hurt the seat. I love it. Sure rides a lot cooler was running in 92 degree heat in fl and no sweaty bottom.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I really like those beads that they sell... not sure where I got mine but someplace from a board member I think. Wouldn't ride without them... course I haven't really tried anything else either but a HUGE help over the stock seat!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have been using the Aqua Aire all summer..it was suggested on this board, and have been wearing microfiber underwear. Between the two I have been on several long rides and did not even once have the slightest rash or sweating problem. I like the underwear so much I wear them all the time. Not the same pair ofcourse, I went out and bought several pair. They are usually between 6-15$, depends on where you find them. I just recently added the Mic-O-Pegs and am going on my first long day ride this weekend. Headed to Angola prison to minister to the inmates during their rodeo. Just added the cb,sirius radio and have a Magellan 2200T coming tomorrow. Life is grand! That seat thing almost caused me to get rid of the bike. At 6'2 it was really hard to get comfortable. Oh yeah I also took the seat off and removed the wings on the side of the seat and cut 2 inches out of the drivers backrest and two inches out of the seat pan. Now I can take it to an upholstery shop and have all the nip tuck done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts