GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the group but not new to motorcycles. I restore old and classic bikes for a hobby as well as cars. I have a question on my 2003 Goldwing. My left saddlebad closes nice and easy. The right one however, is very hard to get to close so that the lcd display doesn't keep telling me that it is open. I have to slam it pretty hard to get it to latch in good so the warning goes away. Is the latch adjustable? And if so how?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

1966 Honda Dream 250
1981 Suzuki GS1000GL
1982 Suzuki GS1000SZ (Katana)
1982 Suzuki GS1100GL
1983 Suzuki GS1100ES
1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo
1988 Kawasaki Voyager
2000 Yamaha V-Max
2003 Honda Goldwing

·
Registered
287 Posts
mach1970 said:
Hello all,

I am new to the group but not new to motorcycles. I have to slam it pretty hard to get it to latch in good so the warning goes away. Is the latch adjustable? And if so how?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

2003 Honda Goldwing
Dont slam or bang the pannier lids. :eek:ops2: Close gently, and then one gentle firm push untill you hear the lid clicking. :clap2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to ( The 1800 GoldWing.com Community ) it has the information that you are looking for. Also heed the advice given previously on correct method for closing lids.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Welcome to the board!

You'll find a wealth of information here like the advise on closing your bag.

If it becomes a real problem, or if you ever have trouble opening the left bag, take it to your dealer. There are some design flaws in the mechanism, but Honda will replace the parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts