GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

In order to remove & replace one of the saddlebag doors... does the entire saddlebag need to be removed?

I looked in the Sevice manual, and it's not addressed. It only has instructions for the removal of the entire saddlebag. And although I've got Frank's videos... I don't recall seeing anything in re that procedure.

If there's an easier way... would anyone care to share the instructions for doing so?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
428 Posts
Open the saddle bag and take the side molding off the door if you want to reuse it. You will see phillips head screws underneath. Sit on the floor to see these. They are a pain to get to but that is how you remove it. Of course some of the stuff on the inside will have to come off too. It isn't too hard.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
And make sure that you watch the "Size" of the screws and where they go. Cause they don't go someplaces and will put a wee hole in the exterior.

Trust me on this one!

Merry Christmas Tom.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Just waiting on the "new" door to get here, and doing a little pre-planning.

:)
Tom

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the info, guys. Everything went smooth during the removal... right up until the part where I stripped the head of the hinge screw. What a PITA that was. :x

That bugger was in TIGHT, and even after 3 or 4 shots of Nutbuster, it didn't wanna budge.

Anyway... got it out finally.

Now we'll see if I can follow the Bulldog's advise when I go to put the new one on in a few weeks.

:)
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts