GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Aloha RickC,

Chrome or black chrome wording always looks nice, but they make wiping down the bike harder. I usually remove all of them.
It sure looks nice though.

Reactions: bob2002

·
Registered
347 Posts
I went the opposite. I removed the Honda lettering from the front and rear to make it easier to wax the areas.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I normally don't go for farkles that are only intended to improve the looks of my wing, but I indulged myself in this case, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result. It was pretty easy to install, and fairly reasonable cost wise ($29.95).

View attachment 367155
Yea they look great......
Quick wipe with a damp cloth, it's not a big deal to keep clean IMHO.

Kind of surprised Honda didn't put them on all models as standard, my DCT Airbag had them from factory.

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
The black lettering looks good on the color white. I don't think it would show up on my blue wing

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I think the chrome looks good on the blue, and black looks good on the white.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where did you buy those emblems? I did a quick look online with no joy.

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
The emblems should help with the identification of the bike. My last ride before the shelter in place, I came out of a restaurant to find 5 Harley guys all standing around my bike. Spent 30 minutes answering questions about my bike. The first was of course, was what is it? They were very interested in the bike and had multiple questions. I was able to give them comparison as I have previously had 2 Harley Ultra Classics, the last one being the one I traded for the Wing. Also owned a 05 Wing, so was able to tell them about the older gen of wings compared to this new one. One of them was more interested than the others as he has had multiple problems with his ride and seemed pretty serious about checking into the new Wing, of course his buddies were giving him some grief about it. I told him I had been in the same boat, I am still a member of the HOG chapter and ride with them quite often, I still get ribbed about it, but it cant wipe the smile I have off my face everytime I get on my Wing. There are now 2 of us that have traded our Ultras for Wings, and just heard yesterday that 2 more had just got new Wings. May have to change the chapters name...hahaha.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I went the opposite. I removed the Honda lettering from the front and rear to make it easier to wax the areas.
Freyr, How did you do this, and can you show some pics...thank bro

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yup, I've had my black 2019 tour manual for 2 months now, we've been out on a couple rides with my buddy & his wife who are harley riders and both of them are very impressed with the bike and are now thinking bout switching....Im sure once he rides it he'll come over to the smooooth side 😊

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Not Freyr, but have you looked at using dental floss to cut through the adhesive holding the lettering on? (At least, I think that's all that's holding it.)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
The emblems should help with the identification of the bike. My last ride before the shelter in place, I came out of a restaurant to find 5 Harley guys all standing around my bike. Spent 30 minutes answering questions about my bike. The first was of course, was what is it? They were very interested in the bike and had multiple questions. I was able to give them comparison as I have previously had 2 Harley Ultra Classics, the last one being the one I traded for the Wing. Also owned a 05 Wing, so was able to tell them about the older gen of wings compared to this new one. One of them was more interested than the others as he has had multiple problems with his ride and seemed pretty serious about checking into the new Wing, of course his buddies were giving him some grief about it. I told him I had been in the same boat, I am still a member of the HOG chapter and ride with them quite often, I still get ribbed about it, but it cant wipe the smile I have off my face everytime I get on my Wing. There are now 2 of us that have traded our Ultras for Wings, and just heard yesterday that 2 more had just got new Wings. May have to change the chapters name...hahaha.
This goes without saying: assuming you wanna be annwmbassador for Honda

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Did Honda pay you for advertising their bikes?

I d put that Goldwing all over my bike for two to three years of free maintenance. I even put that thing on my car.

Reactions: Bayrec and Roadie
1 - 20 of 51 Posts