GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just installed Goldwing emblems on my saddlebags today. They are a OEM part for the wings with air bags. Easy install, emblems come attached to template so no guessing where they go.
Honda should of put on all models.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
They do look good but are a nuisance during wipe down.

If Honda installed them from the factory half the folks would remove them. They can’t win no matter what.

My bikes been stripped of all emblems.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
They do look good but are a nuisance during wipe down.

If Honda installed them from the factory half the folks would remove them. They can’t win no matter what.

My bikes been stripped of all emblems.
Ironically you are absolutely right, if factory half would have removed them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my emblems off. Honda doesn't pay me to advertise their product.

When people ask. "What kind of bike is that?"

I just reply "Mine"

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm proud to be able to own a Goldwing and also proud to display it's badging.....it's all done tastefully IMHO.
(y)

Now displaying the dealer on a license frame or sticker is another story. (n)

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
A proud consumer subject of the Honda 'family'... :geek:
They sell jackets that say 'Goldwing' and if you look up on the GWRRA store there are probably coffee cups, stickers, patches and maybe other stuff that you display the good Honda name.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why wouldn't they just use a decal and eliminate the: removal of the badge by the owner, and the emblem getting in the way of cleaning and waxing the bike.
It seems to me the decal seems to be the way to go especially if they were cleared over at the factory, then you really couldn't remove them at least easily.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I took my emblems off. Honda doesn't pay me to advertise their product.

When people ask. "What kind of bike is that?"

I just reply "Mine"
Remove all the Honda/Goldwing emblems you want, people know you ride a Goldwing from the Dairy Queen Blizzard ice cream stains on your shirt.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
How do you know if that's a Goldwing rider?

...if before you take off with your passenger you hear a PA system say: "all aboard" you are a Golwinger.

...If your OEM seat looks like a Russel seat, your a wingdinger.

...If you ride in a pack and no one has black hair you are probably on a Goldwing.

...if your helmet makes your head look small you might be on a Wing

...if people think you are moving when you go by, instead of going on tour, you be a Wingdinger

...If you pull up to the rally favorite Cafe and your bike is the longest you are probably Winging it

...If you can practice your golf putting on your bike, you own a Goldwing for sure

...I you waste your money putting the word "Goldwing" on your saddlebags, you most likely ride a Goldwing.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts