GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the saddlebag frame? I can't find anything in the 2002 parts fiche. My bike got rear ended by a drunk this weekend. :-(

Wow ... hope you are OK. I'm looking for a part number for you.

How stupid of me .... it is under the engine gaurd section. For what ever reason that link below is not working but at least I got you pointed in the right direction.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg! I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Everyone is okay. Girlfriend got a sprained ankle. I got some scrapes and soreness. Bike got the worst of it.

We were waiting in a turn lane in Pigeon Forge when this lady nailed us. Pushed the bike into a utility trailer in front of us which caused the bike to drop quickly and bucked us off. She was drunk. Had her granddaughter in the car with her. A real winner.

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts
Thanks Greg! I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Everyone is okay. Girlfriend got a sprained ankle. I got some scrapes and soreness. Bike got the worst of it.

We were waiting in a turn lane in Pigeon Forge when this lady nailed us. Pushed the bike into a utility trailer in front of us which caused the bike to drop quickly and bucked us off. She was drunk. Had her granddaughter in the car with her. A real winner.
You are welcome. Looking there was not my first place either. I had to do a search in the parts description on the CD versions of a Service Manual to find it.

I hope you called the cops and that she gets jail time .... because she deserve it for doing that and putting everyones life at stake.

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts
Yes...police/fire/EMS all showed up. Two of the cops who responded were on bikes and they cut her NO slack. She went to jail.
Her going to jail made my day. Unfortunatly, tomorrow she will probably be out driving drunk again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts