GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of 06/-07 saddlebag lights for a Bushtec trailer. Has the 01/05 lights in it now, want to match my 07 rear lights....

Anyone have a set of these??? know a place to obtain a set?????

Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Unless things have changed Honda is the only place that has them. That was the word when I ordered my Bushtec at the Hoot last year. Around $150 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
KYBLUE the 06 - 07 lights will not fit the Bushtec trailers with the 01 to 05 lights. Bushtec had to modify/make another mold to accommodate those tail lights. The dimensions are different.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bret

That's what I found out, thanks for the info....guess I'll run the older style...bummer..

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Better talk to John Preston. He may have a suggestion on how to do that.

Honda in their infinite wisdom made the lights so they are not interchangeable. That way, if you want new style taillights, you have to buy a new Honda.

Two of the three mound studs are a diffferent location in all three axis, and the turn signal socket, bulb, and connector, are all different.

Also, Honda doubled the price on the 06 taillights over the 01-05 taillights.

Maybe the euro style taillights that were sold for a while?

S

·
0 Posts
KYBLUE, hold onto your hat, I recall reading somewhere that it is doable and has been done... just can't remember where yet .
If your in no rush, I should be able to document and get picture on the mod sometime late next month . :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Obviously, if you are good with fiberglass, you can carve out the two areas that do not fit of the three and redo them, then order the new tailights, sockets, bulbs, and harnesses form Hal, or from John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts