GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saddlebag Opener Clip Required - Help - RESOLVED

While repairing my left saddlebag a plastic retainer clip for the release cable broke. Mother Honda only sells the complete opener assembly (part no.: 81396-MCA-003) for $83.72. :cry: That is a heck of a price to pay for a $2.00 clip.

I have circled two of the clips in the diagram below. I only need one, but they are both the same.

Does anyone have one of these laying around from an old saddlebag. I believe all years are the same.

If anyone has one and would like to help me out, please drop me a PM.

If anyone wants to look up the part in the parts finder, it's under "Opener Unit".

Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Image didn't work??

I have a bag sitting in the garage floor so probably have what you need.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Take one to NAPA, it is a Ford door rod clip.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That clip does exist at mother honda. I have bought a couple for the rear trunk release rods. Most of the big NAPA stores have a fastener board that shows what they have and it is also there(at least mine does)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and advise guys. I ended up going to three parts places but eventually found another clip that works. Cost of the replacement clip, $3.15.

The replacement, as well as the ones from the cable end in the trunk clip on from the right side whereas the original clipped on from the left side. If the opener assembly was still in the bike it might be difficult to use a right side clip but since the saddlebag is off and the opener assembly out, it works fine from either side.

Now... back to putting the saddlebag back on again.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
P/N 735-2637
Ford Door Lock Rod Clip
Yellow in color
Not sure if this is the Napa # or the Ford #.

·
Registered
133 Posts
bikerpilot you on 47 between Fisher and Mahomet?:coffee1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts