GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been around for sometime now, I am not much of a talker and I have learned so much just listen. I have obtained a set of saddlebag rails at a very low price, but they did not come with instructions and I don't want to drill holes in my bike without knowing where. These rails are the genuine honda brand. I would appreciate very much if someone that has installed these before could help me with a set of instructions. Thanks :oops:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Glad you got them Cheap, but the fact is, they weren't worth what you paid!!

I had them on my 03, and after awhile, they No longer lined up, and looked like crap. I was always monkeying around with them to make them look straight. Believe me, they are NOT worth the aggravation!!

Those, and the Kury luggage rack, were the two biggest mistakes I made, :oops: and if I can advise someone against them, I will.

Save yourself the Gigantic headache, and pawn them off somewhere!! Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
saddlebag rails

x marks the spot inside the saddlebags there is 5 x's that mark for the holes to drill may have to take door apart

·
Registered
148 Posts
re rails

I installed a set for my 05 and love em. Never had a problem installing them or having any kind of problem with them. Not sure why Mr. B did.
Go ahaed and install them, Im sure you will be satisfied.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry I can't help with the instructions - I had mine put on at the dealer before taking delivery of the bike.

I also have had no problem with them "moving". I like how they reflect the LED's I have installed. On a black bike at night I was looking for any chrome that would be nice looking during the day and functional at night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the reply's. I am going to have to think about this for awhile. I don't what to make a mess of it and I am not sure I what the xtra cleaning required after their on. Thank again guy's for the info.
Wayne

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've had mine since 2001 and had no problems installing them. Since the rails are Hondaline, Honda marked where to drill the holes so you can't make a mistake. Take your time and everything will work out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mailman,
They do look real pretty on your bike. :D That is one nice looking rig you have there. You like chrome huh! :p

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey Mailman,

You might want to look at some clear lenses on those front signal lites 8)

I made that change and it REALLY adds some sleek look when parked - the amber light bulbs return the amber look when running.

And your bike is almost a duplicate of my 04 - don't have the front chrome but the trunk / saddle bags are near identical. I have the saddle bag spoilers due to a mistake in ordering at the dealership. They were suppose to put on the TRUNK spoiler LOL. But I got the trunk done at cost of the spoiler only no labor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts