GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I crammed too much in the left saddlebag of my '07 and forced it closed. When I pulled the release lever it wouldn't open. I thought it was just jammed so I popped out the plug in the trunk floor and opened it manually. I removed my junk, snapped if shut, and figured my problem was solved. But now saddlebag still won't open the release lever and I have to reach into the trunk and open it manually every time. What might I have broken, and how do I fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
https://pbase.com/fredharmon/image/79541534

In the photo the green clips will break if too much strain is put on the cable. You can access it from the rear of the inside of the trunk. Take the cover off and keep the screws organized as I think they are different sizes. The clip is available at Napa. If yours is broken someone on here will have the part number. I borrowed this photo from Fred's website

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have a 2007...but didn't know that there was a plug in trunk that would let me manually open the saddlebags. I looked and don't see said plug. Is this procedure described in the manual?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure where I picked up this trick, probably from someone on this forum. Here is a photo of the inside of my trunk showing the access hole and the plug. The white-ish object you can see in the hole is actually the boot covering the release mechanism.

Attachments

Reactions: mrpeace
1 - 8 of 8 Posts