GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I think I have a coat jammed in the locking mechanism on one of my saddlebags. The saddlebag won't open when I pull on the lever. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Try pushign onthe door, while pushign the mechanism inside the trunk...in teh hole with the plug in it!!......Careful withthat lever....those little plastic clips are fragile......and sorta hard toget too.....gotta come from......a long way off!!

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
steve s said:
Try pushign onthe door, while pushign the mechanism inside the trunk...in teh hole with the plug in it!!......Careful withthat lever....those little plastic clips are fragile......and sorta hard toget too.....gotta come from......a long way off!!
Not to hijack the thread but NAPA has them very cheap.
Just match them up, I can't remember the part number.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but NAPA has them very cheap.
Just match them up, I can't remember the part number.
Now that you mention it, I recall someone mentioning that before and I had forgotten it. I think they said they were metal too!! I'lllook into that...my left bag is hitor miss on opening. It does work better if I beat on it.....really just push on it while I pull the lever. But after breakingone clip.....I keep waiting on it to break again. :roll:

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Do all the above-then warranty
call the dealer first make sure he has the parts
say you are not leaving the bike
because it is a 5 minute fix

·
Registered
747 Posts
chainsaw?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
laen said:
Do all the above-then warranty
call the dealer first make sure he has the parts
say you are not leaving the bike
because it is a 5 minute fix
Hey Laen,
What dealer do you use in the Houston area?? My left bag has always been tough to open. But now I have to push in on the bag and pull the lever to open it. I guess it's time to take it to the dealer. T.

W

·
0 Posts
First try Silicone spray on the rubber gasket.

I had the new latch (warrenty) installed by my dealer about a year ago, and it worked fine untill a couple weeks ago.
I applied some silicone around the rubber gasket and it works great.

Silicone is great for sticky gaskets and softning/weather proofing rubber. I use it on my truck doors and sun roof.

Good Luck.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
First try Silicone spray on the rubber gasket.

I had the new latch (warrenty) installed by my dealer about a year ago, and it worked fine untill a couple weeks ago.
I applied some silicone around the rubber gasket and it works great.

Silicone is great for sticky gaskets and softning/weather proofing rubber. I use it on my truck doors and sun roof.

Good Luck.
Txs. for the tip, I'll try that too. T. :)

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Honda Wild West-Katy TX on I-10
And it was a 5 minute fix for me

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
laen said:
Honda Wild West-Katy TX on I-10
And it was a 5 minute fix for me
Can you share what they did? Did they replace something or just tweak it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts