GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a new seat. Something a little more comfortable and firm. Anybody have an opinion or experence with the two major companies? I don't know if I would like heated or not I really do not like them in a car , but may on a bike. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

MattILRed2002 :wink:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Matt, I bought a Travelcade Road Brick (Sofa) for my Kawasaki Voyager I used to have, paid $850+ for it with all the bells and whistles, including back rest, heaters, gel inserts, etc. and it was the worst single investment I have ever made. First, it took them 4 months to get it made, and then when they did ship it, they only shipped the seat, no back rest for the driver or passenger. I toughed it out for a little over a year with a very unconfortable seat, finally contacted Travelcade after vacation to see if there was anything we could do in the way of resculpting the seat to make it more confortable. I was unceremoniously told that it was over a year old, any changes they made were going to be at full cost, just like a new one. I sold the POS on ebay and bought a Corbin. The Corbin was much better. For me, once bit, twice shy when it comes to a Road Brick.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hear lots of folks knock the Corbin, but as for me I'm a Corbin man. Love it and my wife loves it even more. Love the firmness, heat when needed, and that soft supple real leather.

As I've said before, all bottoms are different. That's what makes the world go around.

JB - Austin

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bought a Corbin for my 1100 and I've never looked back. They are very hard and take thousands of mikes to break in but I don't get butt burn !! After 12k miles I got one at Americade last summer for the 1800 and love it. I have no use for the heated part but it comes with the seat......joy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bought a Corbin for my 1100 and I've never looked back. They are very hard and take thousands of mikes to break in but I don't get butt burn !! After 12k miles I got one at Americade last summer for the 1800 and love it. I have no use for the heated part but it comes with the seat......joy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Travelcade

I have the Road Sofa by Travelcade and find it to be more comfortable than the Corbin I had before. Just goes to show how subjective this seat business is-note the reply a few items above. Travelcade altered the seat for me after 7mths use when I bought a 1" taller windshield and needed to be raised up. They did not charge and were very helpful.

·
Registered
188 Posts
bought a corbin for my 1200 and couldnt stand it..way to hard.everyone said give it 1000 miles and it would be better..3000 miles and still the same..HARD....just my 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts