GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this seat yet? Just curious if it might be a serious option to Ultimate. Obviously Ultimate doesn't want to offer anything that works with the factory controls. Neither does the RoadSofa but at least the RS uses a switch rather than that Mickey-Mouse remote control. Why in Heaven's name should you need a remote control when you're sitting on top of the dang thing?

·
15 year Member
6,897 Posts
I had one on my 2002, loved it... it was sturdy, comfortable and good looking... didn’t “mar” and was well built...

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had one on my 2000 and used it for approximately 70K miles. It was hard from day 1 and never "broke in". I used multiple cushions, pads and beads on it to make it comfortable. I will never again invest in any aftermarket seat since my experience with shelling out $600+ dollars and never being satisfied with the product.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought new (unheated) from eBay, used it awhile. I felt it was not any better than stock so I shipped it back. (2018 Tour DCT)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I looked at this seat long and hard but was afraid it was just a "better" stock seat. With me needing to be moved back a little I just went with what I know will work and get me what I need, a Hartco. One call to Mark and he knew exactly what I needed and is currently building me a custom seat. I skipped on the heat option as I never used it on any bike that had it in the past. Went with the velour top again as I loved it on my F6B. Will post up pics and a review when it gets here,... soon I hope.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought one for my 18 DCT , while it was MUCH better than the stock, it just didn't "fit" me sent it back and bought a Hartco and have been very satisfied with that. No more butt ache after 50 miles.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts