GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

As some may recall, I posted last Tuesday morning at the beginning of an IBA Saddlesore 1000 ride. I'm quite pleased to report that the ride was a blazing success and was a great start to a 6 day road trip that encompassed over 3000 miles.

SS1000 details first. Launch time was 0348 from Tuscaloosa, AL with a route that was all I-20 West. A 10 minute or so period of rain was hit early around the Alabama/Mississippi line with no impact on the ride schedule and that was the only rain encountered thank goodness. Highest temperature was 87 degrees which was another blessing.

All data is via Garmin 2610. As we all know, odometer readings are skewed.

Total Mileage: 1018.5 (1061 by odometer)
Total Time: 16 hours 57 minutes
Total Running Time: 13 hours 49 minutes
Stopped/Stationary Time: 3 hours 7 minutes
Driving Average: 73.7 miles per hour
Overall Average: 60.1 miles per hour
Total Fuel Consumption: 28.728 gallons
Average MPG: 35.45
Stops: 7 exclusive of start/stop. Each stop was for refueling and relief. Distance between stops ranged from 180 miles to around 100.

As luck would have it, when we pulled into Pecos, TX there was a very nice deputy from the Reeves County Sheriff's Department who graciously witnessed the end of our ride as he simply shook his head in awe, wonder, and probably an unspoken question of our sanity.

We easily had 200+ more miles in us before fatigue would have become an issue. That has both of us all ready for a Bun Burner 1500 after we get verification of the SS1000. Oh my god, I've gone to the dark side.

A ride report of the entire 3000+ miles in 6 days to follow. It's hard typing standing up!

Rick Bailey
Duncanville, AL

·
Registered
868 Posts
Congrads on the ride. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Congratulations on your SS. And I hope the rest of your trip was as much fun!

Do you know if that deputy was a rider. Back in 1990, I had a breakdown in Pecos, and the only motorcycle shop was owned by an orthodonist, Dr Reynolds and his chief technician was a deputy Sheriff. As I recall they rode BMW's. Great folks and wonderful help.

I bet the place has grown since then!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome aboard. Congrats on a safe ride.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Congratulations!.....Those who have ridden any IBA ride, can apprecitate your accomplishment. 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations, Rikkitik!

As mentioned above, this is an accomplishment that only serious riders can claim, and you should be proud of your accomplishment!

Be sure to post your IBA number in your signature.

Cloud9

·
Registered
377 Posts
ATTA Boy ,Rick! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts