GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on Ride and Trips, too.

I'm doing a ride this weekend. I'll SP from the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in SDO at about 1000.

My thinking is that I'll cover SDO to Tucson, back up to Phoenix, take AZ 93 to Wickenburg and Kingman and then back to the People's Republic on I-40.

Lemme know if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Have a safe & enjoyable ride -- looking forward to a report.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
You have spent a lot of time and effort getting into GREAT shape. Let us know how this ride compares to "another point in time":p

You know.........arms....delts.....traps.....lower back.....shoulders....glutes....neck spasms due to heavy helmet.....etc.

I hope that the wind is at yer back most of the way.:p

Gramps

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this will be your first SS 1K since you added the backrest. I'll be interested to learn how that works for you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have spent a lot of time and effort getting into GREAT shape. Let us know how this ride compares to "another point in time":p

You know.........arms....delts.....traps.....lower back.....shoulders....glutes....neck spasms due to heavy helmet.....etc.

I hope that the wind is at yer back most of the way.:p

Gramps
Thank you. It will be interesting to see how things turn out!

The SPOT link:
http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=367c4e4e87ed45c19

I've vacillated between the SS1K and a BBG and I've come to believe that I won't have enough time or energy to do a BBG. Well, to do what I'm doing Sunday AM and a BBG at the same time.

I've lost a little more weight (193.x) and, because I've been running, my fitness level is much higher now than it was 10 week ago. I won't be abel to tell if this make a difference for this ride because I'm running in the SDO half-marathon on Sunday AM.

The half is 13.1 miles. The weather's looking good and I've got a "recovery plan" in place but it's still going to be a long haul. And the finish is a two mile uphill finish!

Yup, Sunday is funday!

:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I'm not mistaken, this will be your first SS 1K since you added the backrest. I'll be interested to learn how that works for you.
The backrest will help but the one accessory that I wish I had (but didn't want to spend the $$ on) are the MOPs.

My knees are going to "make their presence known" on Sunday and I'd love to have a set of MOP's but wishin' don't make it so!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Thank you. It will be interesting to see how things turn out!

The SPOT link:
http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=367c4e4e87ed45c19

I've vacillated between the SS1K and a BBG and I've come to believe that I won't have enough time or energy to do a BBG. Well, to do what I'm doing Sunday AM and a BBG at the same time.

I've lost a little more weight (193.x) and, because I've been running, my fitness level is much higher now than it was 10 week ago. I won't be abel to tell if this make a difference for this ride because I'm running in the SDO half-marathon on Sunday AM.

The half is 13.1 miles. The weather's looking good and I've got a "recovery plan" in place but it's still going to be a long haul. And the finish is a two mile uphill finish!

Yup, Sunday is funday!

:)
Very nice course.
After your first mile of warmup, you'll be passing through Fort Rosecrans National Cemetary, final resting place of far too many of our nation's finest.

Enjoy the ride and the run!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
0815 napping?

The Spot tracker hasn't shown any movement in three hours. Iron Butt Motel? or Spot napping?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts