GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May your flights be smooth and your new ride spectacular .

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thanks Randy! :excited: I have everything packed. Will be traveling very light, so I don't have to check a bag. I talked to LD (seller) today and he knows where to pick me up. He has to drive 90 miles, but he says that is OK. I am going to take my computer with me so I can log in here Thursday night. I got my alarm set for 2:45am so I et to the airport on time.:excited:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy! :excited: I have everything packed. Will be traveling very light, so I don't have to check a bag. I talked to LD (seller) today and he knows where to pick me up. He has to drive 90 miles, but he says that is OK. I am going to take my computer with me so I can log in here Thursday night. I got my alarm set for 2:45am so I et to the airport on time.:excited:
2:45 am is nothing to get excited about :shock::lol:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
In Chicago now waiting for next flight to Fayetteville Arkansas.
;

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Exciting times Orrin, be well and travel safely :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Orrin, especially the ride home.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Chicago now waiting for next flight to Fayetteville Arkansas.
;
Should be starting the ride towards home by now . I should have sent ya my spot tracker for the trip .

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Should be starting the ride towards home by now . I should have sent ya my spot tracker for the trip .
Thanks Randy.

I got the bike...is drop dead gorgeous. LD, the seller, called it straight. He is a really good guy and I would buy from him again.

It took longer to put on the pegs and get the bike ready for trip home than I expected, so I did not get out until almost 4pm. I am now hold up at a Holiday Inn Express in Marshfield, MO. I am enjoying the ride home and made it a point to pass through Eureka Springs.

Tomorrow I am going to take 63 north through the middle of Missouri, and into Iowa.

Thanks for all of the kind words.:excited::doorag:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Nice bike, great weather, good route and the knowledge of staying in a Holiday Inn Express!!!!

Living large Orrin :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True!

I stay up that late often!

:yes:
Not me , see all I needed to when I was tending bar . Things go down hill rapidly after midnight .

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Arrived back home at 6pm tonight. Bike performed well, as a GW should. I am happy with my purchase. The tires are toast. So, I have to order new boots. Because there are 3 Gl 1800's in my garage (that's insane) I may as well spend what little money remains. The fat girls need new shoes.

I need to order 3 new Bridgestone G709's for the front ends. I think I may as well put new shoes on the 2003 that I am going to sell. I also need to get another Alpin as Linda wants to go dark side. Could be the first woman to run a bad ass car tire on the back of her bike. Any body have a suggestion who to go to for ordering tires.

Randy, I did have fun running of a tank of gas at 90+. Linda would be upset if she knew. Man, that big girl likes to run.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Arrived back home at 6pm tonight. Bike performed well, as a GW should. I am happy with my purchase. The tires are toast. So, I have to order new boots. Because there are 3 Gl 1800's in my garage (that's insane) I may as well spend what little money remains. The fat girls need new shoes.

I need to order 3 new Bridgestone G709's for the front ends. I think I may as well put new shoes on the 2003 that I am going to sell. I also need to get another Alpin as Linda wants to go dark side. Could be the first woman to run a bad ass car tire on the back of her bike. Any body have a suggestion who to go to for ordering tires.

Randy, I did have fun running of a tank of gas at 90+. Linda would be upset if she knew. Man, that big girl likes to run.
It does not take long at 90 to burn a tankful does it :twisted:
Discount tire is where I would go .
A few Darkside women riders already , but the more is better .

·
Registered
690 Posts
So tell us more about this wing. What made you buy this one?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hey Bruce, I bought it mostly because I never loved the tan color of my Wing. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved the bike and it has severed me well. It has done everything I asked of it and more. And, it has been incredibly reliable.

I had a friend that had a Sunburst Orange bike and I always liked the color. Well this one showed up on the classified board and I liked the color and the miles. The more I checked it out the better I liked it. If not now...when. So...I bought it.

Now I need to sell my wonderful little "fat girl".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts