GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Since you can NEVER have enough "safety chrome", who makes the best fitting Fairing Side Chrome Accents?
I tried the Add-On and sent them back. Looked like s***! Large space in front and too short for the "rail" they were supposed to stick to. I even tried removing the double sided tape to see if they could be attached with RTV...no luck. :?
Thanks for all the great info.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I feel your pain.. I tried Add On for several pieces and sent two thirds of it back. Believe me you are not alone we have all felt the same. For what they charge there should not be a problem. The last piece I tried from Add On was a lower cowl What a piece of junk. I sent it back. My suggestion would be to shop Honda Genuine Accessories on Hal's site. I know they do not have all the stuff but what I have used has fit perfectly. They do have some faring accents. they are not the lowest in price but.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
SAFETY CHROME

I have tried adhesive backed chrome in several places on my machine and came to the grusome conclusion that it all fits like s#[email protected] My father owns a 01 Harley and any chrome he brings over to install fits perfectly.
It bothers me that nobody can make good chrome accents for such an
awesome machine. :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
rchawk49 said:
Gentlemen,
Since you can NEVER have enough "safety chrome", who makes the best fitting Fairing Side Chrome Accents?
I tried the Add-On and sent them back. Looked like s***! Large space in front and too short for the "rail" they were supposed to stick to. I even tried removing the double sided tape to see if they could be attached with RTV...no luck. :?
Thanks for all the great info.
STICK with KURYAKYN for chrome bits. Best fit everytime. :lol:

:yes: :rw1: :yes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kuryakyn

You bet, I"ll take Kuryakyn every time. Best fit, best quality and the best overall service. ride safe.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts