GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D OK now, I have a question. Just what is:"SAFETY CHROME"? :?: Is this what you all tell your wives you are buying when you purchase that prettyy little piece for the dash or a piece for a fender? I sure hope that is what you mean because I have been telling my wife every since I bought mine that is what it is for, SAFETY :)

My wife just informed me after all the money I spent on SAFETY CHROME, that my Wing should stand up by itself and go anywhere without difficulty even if I am not on it!!!!!! That stuff is expensive, but fun to buy.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ross if it ain't safety chrome, what is it?

The real safety, is convincing her that it is for her safety. That could save you a lot of noodle bustin.

If she needs to confirm that you are telling the truth, Have her call me...LOL

Bulldog

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
All chrome is safety chrome :yw1:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
More Chrome = Higher visibility!
Higher visibility = Safer riding!
therefore Chrome = Safety!! :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
On The Other Hand (oh, OK OTOH ... LOL) ....

more chrome = more polishing.

no thanks ... I think the Pearl Orange is cool enough by itself. As I get time and opportunity, all the fake chrome pieces on this gal gonna get orange peeled ... LOL.
Probably cost more than chrome but what the heck ... Orange is the Safety color, right?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Safety Chrome and Safest Color

Yes, all chrome is designed to enhance the safety of the rider. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BTW, orange may be the safest color, but Silver is the fastest. SLIDE :lol:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Can't argue with you about the fastest color, Slide .... since I haven't opened the throttle all the way .... 110 is the fastest I have done so far, passing a line of traffic ... LOL ... it was fast enough for me. My old GL1100A would have been airborn at that speed ... the one night I tried it, the front end started to come off the pavement at 101mph (indicated) ... and that was enough of a test for me.
Now ... if I was looking for someone to show me how fast a GL1800 could go ... I'd have to ask my buddy Ron Melton and his RED bike ... LOL
:p 8) :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Safety Chrome

Peter,
I have the pearl orange trunk and bag moldings sitting over top my desk here at work. I put the "Safety Chrome" (Kuryakyn with the nice little led's) Man the Motor punkin was starting to look nice. But that @$&)(*&*&^%%$# T-boned me and totaled the thing. If you are interestead, let me know.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Chrome may be nice in some parts of the country but not here in Daytona.
If you want to do anything but polish, forget it here.
6 months after new and unless you spend every waking moment, polishing it, forget it.
The salt in Daytona is like spending time in an acid bath.
Kuriakin lasts 8 months max and that is with a wipe down once a week and waxing once a month.
Love it here but got to find some safety stuff that won't corrode!!!
TR :biker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts