GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i have to share this with all fellow bikers. Last week i witness my friend crash in front of me. He was riding a Honda X4. It was a horrifying sight and left me weak on the knees. Three things saved him from God knows what...safety attire, back pack and falling technique. I usually ride with t-shirt and jeans but after that incident no matter how far is the ride i wear safety gear.There is no compromise when safety is concern. Cheers and ride safe everyone!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
AMEN! I think that our money should be invested in the various forms of safe riding gear before it's spent on "safety chrome," GPS systems, XM radios, etc.

I know that I could do more, but no matter how hot it gets I always wear leather boots, an "armored" ventilated, long-sleeve jacket, leather gloves, and a full-face helmet. Some "armored" pants are going to be my next purchase.

Some will say that good riding technique (defensive driving) makes the extra clothing unnecessary, but no level of good riding will protect you from all the idiot cage drivers out there (as well as the occasional deer crossing your path).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Riding technique means nothing when your time comes up. Several years ago I hit a sand patch when I had a very slight lean on my Yamaha 650. There was no time for technique, there was just time to watch my feet go over my head as I rolled onto my back and did a back flip. At the time I was wearing blue jeans a Tshirt and Helmet. What I had left was a cracked bone in my thumb a Tshirt neck ring, a badly scratched helmet and road rash all over. I was only going 10 mph. I learned my lesson then and there that clothes make the difference. :idea:

WEAR THE RIGHT SAFETY GEAR AND LIVE :!:

Gordon

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just 'feel' safer when I have the Joe Rocket jacket and pants on. So I think I ride with more confidence and alittle friskier. Joy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts