GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
stoped at the dealer today and said hi to my bike, its nice the dealer gives me visatation rights when I want. someday when the weather gets nice I may get to ride it for the first time !! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember

I remember the feeling when I first saw my bike my bike in the showroom. It was like the feeling of having the first child all over again. And then paying for toys for it was like buying diapers for the child again and again..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
And again, and again, and again ! LOL.......... :s27:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Volvo,

Good luck with your new bike. When the weather gets better, shoot on up here to the Catskills and say Hello.

Bulldog

·
Registered
42 Posts
visitation

Your dealer is nicer than mine. My bike is locked up in a box and I have not seen it yet. I also am waiting for the snow to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:p :p :p The dealer was putting my 04 Candy Red together on Friday and will continue to do so tomorrow. Hopefully I will pick it up early this week. Have some chrome goodies waiting to be put on already. 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Man, that's gotta be tough. At least I have mine at home, can't ride it cause of the weather, but at least it's here. Volvo, you must be like a kid on Christmas Eve, the anticipation has to be killing you. Hopefully winter will go away for all of us in short order and we can get to what we all really love.....RIDING.

BTW Volvo, you're gonna love this motorcycle!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
A big difference is, we know what is missing for winter storing, the newbies are only anticipating the spiritual rite of passage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
saw my bike

must be tough in that cold country, 17 of us put 600 miles in this weekend. Temp was down to 60 and we thought that was cold. Hope you get it out soon. plug

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
GL03 said:
A big difference is, we know what is missing for winter storing, the newbies are only anticipating the spiritual rite of passage.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Yes ! Remember it well ! But on the wing ?
Anticipation takes a back seat to the REAL thing ! Sweeeeet ! Wow you new guys are gonna really get off on that first ride when she's all yours for sure ! :s27: :yes2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,
Your killing me !!! I dream of riding my wing all nite long. If the snow and ice would go away on my road I could get her home so I can play with it.
(the wing) that is!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Volvotec, what color are you getting? Hey I just bought mine four months ago and I've been gone for three months (without it) go figure. Talk about torture! But I have three weeks before I get back to ride again. You will love her for life, I promise. :excited:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I've got it even worse than you guys: 58 degrees here today, blue skies and gorgeous!

Where's my bike??

ALL TORE APART IN THE GARAGE FOR "PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT!!"

Maybe I'll slip my wife's SilverWing out and at least go for a spin...

SPRING IS COMING - hang in there :D !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blk Warrior,
its a used 02 sliver with 12k on it.
and everyday the ice and snow are going away!!!!!! cant wait !!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rich40, It only took my dealer about 4 hours to put mine together. Signed that morning and rode it home about 3:00 that afternoon. This was on a Sat in July. Don't know if I could have waited till Monday. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't know what's harder; in the garage or at the dealer (by the way, wife gave me crap too, for visiting it at the dealer until it got home).
I got mine home on the 4th (this month, my first wing). Spent last weekend (took my time) installing a Utopia backrest, Kury pegs, belly pan and hooked up my ipod. Trouble is the the rest of the time is spent staring at it and out the garage door at 15" of snow and highs lately anywhere from -5 to 20 above. Makes it painful to say the least. Hoping in the next 4 weeks it will get nice enough to clear the roads so I can at least take a short spin.

Good luck with your ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts