GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Menards ( A local home improvement store) has the 250c for 259 with $50 rebate...
So is $209 a good price for an Iway 250c?

What does it not do that I am going to miss?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
That's a great price, about $100 less than internet retail.

Lowrance isn't offering a rebate on the 250, so make sure the rebate is valid.

This isn't a unit that you'll want to use on the bike, but is a nice shirt-pocket sized, automotive-class unit.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon,

I picked it up (figure I can always return it...)
I was hopeing it would be usefull on the bike. Any particular reason you suggest otherwise (screen size would be my first guess...)

I been playing with it here in the house for a while, and It seems pretty ok for the price. Do you know if skins can be added like the big brothers (500c)?

Also is there a way to pare down the map files... they take up all but 40MB of the mmc card space....

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
daver said:
... I was hopeing it would be usefull on the bike. Any particular reason you suggest otherwise (screen size would be my first guess...)
No, the screen size is fine for the bike, but the fact that it's not weatherproof and there's no 'sturdy' mounting system for it would be the biggest reasons.
I been playing with it here in the house for a while, and It seems pretty ok for the price. Do you know if skins can be added like the big brothers (500c)?
You should be able to write skin files for it, but they'll have to be sized properly for the smaller display size. I would imagine that they live on the MMC card and will take up some of your usable space.

Also is there a way to pare down the map files... they take up all but 40MB of the mmc card space....
Not that I know of - that's one of the things that you give up with this unit - storage space is at a minimum (but what did you expect for $200? :lol: )

Have fun!

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
bought a 250c at Menards too

thought 250c would get a $50 rebate but i guess not

there is a $35 rebate on the 250c but i don't know if it works if it was bought at Menards
http://lowrance.factoryoutletstore.com/ ... fx=3720532

i will get it mounted on the wing somehow, just havn't decided how yet, maybe as a last resort with some of that dual lock velcro type stuff, just try to remember to take it off when it rains

for the price i figure it will give me a chance to learn a little about GPS, my next wing will probably have ABS and like it or not that package comes with GPS

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The only factory rebate offered right now from Lowrance is on the 350c - the other rebate only applies to purchases made from the factoryoutletstore.com website (BTW, their domain naming implies that they are affiliated with the manufacturer - they are not, they're just another retailer)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why not a Street Pilot III Deluxe?

Daver, I have a perfectly good Garmin Street Pilot III Deluxe with lots of extras like Kennedy power harness and device harness, sunshade, 256mb memory card, carrying case, cradle and RAM circular ball plate, AC adapter, Dynex serial adapter, MapSource Version 8 and all the bells and whistles that came with it (bean bag dash mount, 12V adapter cable with external speaker, USB data card programmer, 128mb data card, pc interface, original owners manual, quick reference guide, setup guide) all in excellent condition and in the original box that I will sell you for about twice as much as the 250C. I have a Street Pilot 2720 coming on Tuesday to replace it, my "to me, from me Christmas gift". The SPIII will work very well on your Wing .. Sue

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about what you guys look at for the rebates. I went out to the site... and saw the 350c rebate...

The form I have (got it from Menards) is for the Iway 250c and states $50. It looks just like the form on lowrance site but lists the number as 06-57739. on any 250c purchased 11/24/06 to 12/31/06 rebate must be postmarked by 1/31/07...

Is there a way to contact lowrance and verify it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks like a valid rebate to me.

A copy of the rebate request form can also be found at the MegaGPS.com site here:
http://www.megagps.com/Rebates/iWay%202 ... 123106.pdf

I found the same rebate coupon available on several other websites, do a web search on "250C rebate." Here is another:
http://www.electronicexpress.com/images ... Y-250C.pdf

You know it is a valid offer when "Crutchfield" offers it:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XFseTZXaOC ... =550IW250C

Strange though that the Lowrance website doesn't mention it. Maybe they are leaving it up to the vendors.

Bill

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
yup there must b a valid rebate on the 250c because today i talked to someone who also bought the 250c from Menards and they picked up the rebate slip rite in the store at the service desk

i just checked on www.menards.com and u can printout the rebate slip from there, just click on rebates way on the bottom of the page

1 - 10 of 10 Posts