GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about riding my trike down to the gulf - but I'm hesitant to expose it to sand on the beaches. Any warnings/advice? I went through a sandstorm on I-40 near Grants, NM a couple of years ago and had to really get the trike serviced to get all the sand out. I don't know if I want to do that all over again. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Becky

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
DON'T forget that the sand is SALTY :!: Not real good for the metal parts that it gets on....

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
When I go to the coast and ride on the "salty" sand, I then go to a local car wash (lots of them by the coast) and rinse the trike, top and BOTTOM. I also do this with my auto and RV. Like George P. says, the salt will really raise hell with your machine. :-(

·
Registered
254 Posts
In defense of South Alabama....they do have paved roads. The sand on the beaches is too soft to ride on anyway. And yes, they do have car washes there too.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you are thinking about riding on the beach .. don't..we ride along the ocean on A1A weekly and along the gulf in Florida three or more times a year .no problem,just hose off at the end of ride or day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts