GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody interested in a ride Sat.?
Maybe meet around 7-8am?
I just got one of those WalMart cushions and would like to try it out over my Wingsoft. Its supposed to be ~60 degrees and I don't think I can let that get away. I'm not sure where to go, maybe to T.W.O. then 60, 74 to Ocoee lake and stop for a break at the river where the Olympics were, hop on 33 to Telico Plains for lunch at the cafe and either just take 68 back or Cherohala.
Thats a day ride I do alot but am open to your favorite ride also.
I usually ride about 10 over but avoid wrecks and tickets (for the last 25yrs anyway).
All riders welcome and nobody gets left behind. I posted this in the FJR forum as well and a few of my FJR GA riding buds may join us.

Steve

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would like to ride with you guys on Saturday but have a family gathering that I must attend. Hope the weather stays nice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would love to ride also but Ear problems have me grounded. See another doctor today, maybe he will have some better news than I have received thus far. Sorry I missed the meet and eat last weekend, was looking forward to meeting some fellow riders. Sunday looks excellent also, hope I can get out at least enough to blow the dust off.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You beat Paul to it. He and I are meeting at the McDonald's at 53 and 400 at 7:30 planning to leave at 8 for the Ch'hala. He was going to post when he got home. Wanna join us there? I'm sending an email out to the gang.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Tentative route Saturday: Up Auraria to Dahlonega, a couple of back roads just N. of there then 60 up to 64/74 then up 68 to the Cherohala Pkwy. Then over to Robbinsville for lunch. After lunch, some new roads down just N. and W. of Blairsville then ???

Everybody is welcome to tag along. It will be an (above the posted) kind of ride but not silly.

See you at Mickey D's.:yes1:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Now you know there are always SOME silly moments......that's' the fun part. ;)

I'm gonna try and make....evne though it will be COLD...and dark at 6:40.... when I leave the house!!!!!

Should be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Now you know there are always SOME silly moments......that's' the fun part. ;)

I'm gonna try and make....evne though it will be COLD...and dark at 6:40.... when I leave the house!!!!!

Should be a lot of fun.

I guess "silly" is subjective; isn't it. But I'm getting old and my "silly" moments are only about a mile long now.:oops:

It'll be good to carve some corners with you again, Steve. It's been a while. You are still a member in good standing of the "Wingstock Mafia".:thumbup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm going to try and join you all. I've got a little bit of a back issue going on right now (very stiff and sore). I'll be seeing the Dr in the morning to eliminate any skeletal/spinal issues and if I get an all clear I be with you to carve some curves. :doorag:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
What type of Wal-mart cushion? I am looking at seat cushions. Thanks, John
It's probably the same one I have......they only have one (I think) suitable for a Goldwing. It's about the size of a snapper lawnmower seat, and cost about $20. It fits nicely on the wing seat. It's not bad for the money. I found a lot of Walmarts didn't have them.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I think they are most often found in a Super Walmart in the auto dept.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll be there by 8:00.
I am pretty sure I can keep up with your guys thru the McDonalds parking lot at least. After that it's up in the air.

Rick

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'd love to come up and ride with you guys tomorrow.....but for me to be in Alpharetta by 7:30 means 120 miles of sub freezing.:eek:4:....and with my 3/4 hat and no Gerbings, I would be a frozen dinner by the time I get to the toll booth. I'd have to get my quarter out of my pocket with an ice pick!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts