GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be meeting at the Shell station in Havelock 6006 Havelock Ave. not the NW48th hyw 34 location. We are headed North East so reason for change. Hope to see you there. :coffee1:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What time are you meeting? Don't know if we are going to brave the chilly weather, but... who knows?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We put in 300 miles some lite rain but no problem it never got above 54 degrees. We had 6 goldwings and one VTX1500. We rode to Donlop IA. Than to Atlantic IA were we fund a very well equipped Yamaha Honda dealer. He had several used Goldwings and some new ones too. I know we will be going back there again. Nishnavallycycle.com They install Road Smith trikes. :coffee1:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Probably crying over another Nebraska loss :22yikes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Probably crying over another Nebraska loss :22yikes:
Look again, NEBRASKA WON THIS WEEKEND :popcorn:
I wonder what Wisconsin is going to do next year when they loose all of their seniors :popcorn::nojoke:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry been in Colorado

I've been gone for awhile so have been missing up dates. We did ride the weekend Steve/Pam and Wendy/I were the only ones to show up. I guess the clouds scared everyone off. We rode all morning than meet up with three others and went to Indian Cave Park NE. Five bikes went down into the cave area that was not a good ideal. Wet flood silt is like grease. We all made it and everyone said lets not do that again. If anyone had gone down I don't think we could of got it back up. I dropped a GL1500 on this stuff last year and dropped it two more times before I got out of the stuff. This time I had a CT on back and I believe that made it much easier. Both ends were sliding around but just keep moving. We will ride next weekend. I hope. :coffee1:

Next week ride will meet at 8:00AM sidestands up at 8:30AM no ideal were we are going but I would like to go to the Indian Cave Park again Halloween stuff there is way cool LOL. NW48th and HYW34 Caseys see you there. Add this will be a picnic ride so bring something you like to share. A few of the bikes have coolers so if you need one they might have room.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sat 15 ride

We had Five bikes show up and we rode south to Fairbury NE then stopped in Marysville KS for a picnic lunch. We plan to ride again next Sat don't know much yet.:coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sat ride over we had two HD, one Yamaha and four goldwings. It was a short ride as Sat rides go only 159 miles. Stopped and had a picnic lunch in the plate river state park. Fun had by all. :coffee1:

We will try to have a ride on the 29th from Casey's NW48th and HYW 34 leaving at 8:30 AM. Not to sure who will be there as no one has contacted me. It will be below 40 so dress for it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This morning ride did not start out as planed. We were suppose to meet at 8:00 AM like we do all summer. but at 7:30 I got a phone call saying that we would not start ride till 10:00AM and to meet at Steve's house. Four wings left his house a little after 10 and headed to Omaha NE. We stopped a 6 cycle in Ashland NE were some us bought some things from Tim. We than headed to Dillon Honda in Omaha NE. Where Steve and Pam traded in there 93 wing for a Valkyrie GL1500 Black. He still has his 99 trike valk is for going to work. We got home around 4:30 PM the ride back was real nice. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know if there will be a morning ride or if we will ride at all this Sat. If it's nice in the afternoon a few of us may go for a ride. Dave and I rode on Tuesday and Thursday. Both time we went to Rod's Power Sport and around the lakes. Both were great ride but than any ride is a good ride. The weather will be the determining factor in riding tomorrow. :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted (Grog)
I know Terri and I will not be able to, we have things to get done around the house :wrong:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts