GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a satellite radio on my wing and it was quite a step.. Not only do you get great quality sound but it is an ENDLESS stream of tens of thousands of songs that are catagorized into a system to give you HOURS of great entertainment... You really do not realize how wonderful it is until you have it.. No more Play lists or devices to load, no crappy FM or AM reception or programing, No rippoff CD player that Stops working every time you hit a bump.. Weather you get Sirius or XM (both have music and comedy and sports) it really does open up a door that makes a long ride a very nice experence... Just for the cost of the Honda CD player alone you could buy a satellite reciever and afford a few YEARS of fees!!!

IMHO it is money well spent!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :duck: :excited: :chat:

·
Registered
552 Posts
You're only about 5 years too late there dude. What up? You been sleeping or something? :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had XM Radio in my Silverado for a couple of years (since I purchased the truck). This June, shortly after purchasing the GoldWing, my wife and I went on a trip and it was then that I decided I needed sat. radio for the Wing.

I missed the uninterruped music, but more importantly, with sat. radio there is no longer the need to constantly search out our style of music on long trips...only 1 station required, coast to coast.

Purchased a Roady XT shortly after returning home, but needed filters on the aux. input and power line. Installed these the first of this week and we went on an overnight trip afterwards (just returned this afternoon) and could not be anymore satisfied with the sat. radio on the Wing.

An added plus, the radio can be moved into the house when not in use on the Wing.

Jim

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I'll pass. Just not interested in another monthly bill to listen to someone else's play list. But I'm glad you all enjoy it. I might hook up an MP3 player one of these days... not in a rush though.

My CD player hasn't skipped once. And I have to cross a few speed bumps every day. And it sounds great. I think that's due to the premium sound system though. 8)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I installed an XM radio on my bike because I can't get FM reception when I'm far from town. When I rode from San Diego to Seattle a few weeks ago, I didn't have to search for a nearby station, my favorite stations follow me wherever I go.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

The smartest investment that I've added to the Wing yet for me personally, there are places we ride in the middle of no where in NC and VA where I could not find anythin' local to listen to (I guess I'm picky).
Rode from Va Beach to Covington Ky and back in just under 30 hours 8) listened to my station ch 19 Buzzsaw on Sirius the whole time with zero issues, just to pick up our newest addition a Time Out camper from a board member. :wink:
Good deal all the way around. :wink: 8) :lol: :beer3: :yes:

:flg:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Neither of us would want to be without it!!!! Matt, Great post!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
You pretty much summed it up Matt.. Soundtracks on demand for any type o mood you're in!!! Enjoy it man!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Matt, I'm disappointed. I would have expected a picture of an angry mob screaming "We want satellite radio like you American infidels have"

You're slipping bud :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I once said, I will never pay a monthly fee to listen to a radio station. Then when our local oldies station changed format to rap, I found that the only way to listen to what I wanted was with satelite radio. So I bit the bullet and bought one. Two months later I bought my second one, and now have three. Once you have one, you wonder how you did with out it for so long.

·
15 year Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
White Wing said:
Matt, I'm disappointed. I would have expected a picture of an angry mob screaming "We want satellite radio like you American infidels have"

You're slipping bud :lol:

EVEN WE CAN NOT DISPUTE THE IMFORMATION MATT HAS SPEWED FROM HIS INFIDEL LIKE LUNGS!!!!!!!

BESIDES YOU CAN'T HEAR US YOU ALL LISTENING TO YOUR MAGIC MUSIC BOX!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :drive1: :flg:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Rolling Thunder? How did you mount your roady XT, where it is located?

Thanks!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
alos if you like sports

xm has all the big ten football games on

i can listen to the badgers no matter where i am

and espn ports talk radio all the time as well

my factory am-fm radio sucks, but the xm rules

and if you have a radio in your car

the bike one is $7 a month

we have it on both our bikes

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Have XM in the truck, had it on the Wing and removed it from the bike. I lost reception way too many times riding in the NJ/NY area and also other places on East Coast. Seems almost like a Line of Sight problem. I ride 1 road every day and know EXACTLY where the XM will fade out. When I go into the town, I can drive to one street and tell within a couple of feet where it will die. Took it off the Wing and added Ipod. Now I listen to MY playlist that I make up and put in. 3000+ songs, which means I will run out of music some time, but not soon. I can listen to it in the house and record any music I want from it and then just put it on the Ipod for later playing...

·
Registered
206 Posts
For the northern tier of states, Sirius is a better choice due to the positioning of the satellites (Sirius are more overhead, XM are geosynchronous over the equator). I've driven in all of the lower 48 states and 9 Canadian Provinces with Sirius and have had very few dropouts. My antenna was on the top of the clutch reservoir.

Had Sirius for several years on my 1500 and enjoyed it. Problem is, I never used it when I wasn't riding, and decided I didn't need to pay every month over the winter. So I shut it off last week and will re-activate the account next summer before any major trips.

Carl

1 - 20 of 32 Posts