GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about Satellite receivers that work via an FM modulator. I've also read that the FM modulator attenuates the other FM station's signals.

I would like to find a Satellite receiver that works with the aux input.

Does anyone make one that works with the aux input??

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The delphia xm unit plugs directly in. Using it now, and considering the comandor that is rf modulated.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes, the Delphi SkiFi XM has an audio out jack that works with the aux audio on the bike. I like it cause it's small and portable. I move it from bike to car and even take it to work with me. I have a car kit installed on the bike which I leave there. I have an extra car kit which I use in the car and take to work for using on the truck I drive there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Roady

I installed a XM Roady and it works off of the AUX connection. I took my minidisc bracket off since getting XM, there is so much to listen to. I also have my antenna setting on the dash and it picks up fine. They have the Roady at Wal-Mart and you get a free home base for it until Jan. 31.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For a SIRIUS alternative, the Audiovox plug-n-play unit has a cradle with a WIRELESS FM modulator that also has an output for the AUX connection so you can use it in any situation. On the wing I use the AUX, in the truck I use the FM modulator. The best of both.

I love SIRIUS. NO COMMERCIALS.

Paul

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Sirius systems, Audiovox and Kenwood, both use either an FM modulator or the aux connection. With the Audiovox, probably the Kenwood, too, you can turn the FM modulator off when using the aux connection. I don't know about the FM modulator interfering with other FM stations, because I listen to the Sirius system rather than the normal radio. However, I did find that the FM modulator played havoc with my 2-meter portable radio, so I can't have both on in the car, but on the bike and using the aux connections, there's no interference at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts