GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ya'll.....The next Date I have open for a Meet & Greet Is Saturday the 23rd. I'm thinking we all meet in beautiful Bedford Va. for lunch at The Olde Liberty Station Restaurant, then we can ride some of the great roads in the area.
As soon as I know how many of us are going I will call the restaurant & let them know we are coming!

Here's a link to the restaurant...

http://www.oldelibertystation.com/

Mark & EL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would be a 4 hour ride for me just to get there. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably go but unfortunately I'm on call. Maybe next time...;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Looks like someone picked that area so they can get their "Tour VA" passport book stamped....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like someone picked that area so they can get their "Tour VA" passport book stamped....

Hey Milbear.. we did that area this past weekend and it was beautiful... guy who stamped us there suggested the good eats... hope you can make it!
El

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would be a 4 hour ride for me just to get there. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably go but unfortunately I'm on call. Maybe next time...;)

Bummer Josh...there will be other rides!!!:thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey Milbear.. we did that area this past weekend and it was beautiful... guy who stamped us there suggested the good eats... hope you can make it!
El
:tongue: messing with ya .....

I might be able to, depends if I'll be able to walk / ride after the IBA - I may be going for the 1k and 1.5K this weekend, then there's the "Boss" depends on what she wants to do ......

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bummer Josh...there will be other rides!!!:thumbup:

Mark
Ya man more rides and lunches. hopefully a little closer to here.... that way there's a better chance for my SO to come too.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya man more rides and lunches. hopefully a little closer to here.... that way there's a better chance for my SO to come too.
Harvey...Why don't you set up a meet & greet up your way in June? :shrug:

Mark

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You wouldn't catch me on a dare at rolling thunder, I asked (via personal phone call) them for some support ..ie let their members know about my charity ride for "DAV and Homes for Our Troops" and they couldn't be bothered ... even tho they are "suppose" to be for VETS ..in reality they are only for their self glory. Of course that's how most " VET" ORGs are like.. Mostly for their own pay check, self serving EGO's, and self glory. AM Legion said ."it's not our event so we can't help" and just about the same with VFW. I would have understood if I was asking for money etc, but ALL I asked was to let their members know about the ride information ie Web site, dates etc.
I say to them
"SHAME ON THEM"!!! The only "Vet" group that was willing, supportive and contibuted web site space, admin help media exposure etc and more than happy to work with the other Charity Group (Homes for Our Troops) was the DAV. The DAV showed me who they are really out there for ... "THE VETS" .
So, the VFW, AM Legion, Rolling Thunder, will NEVER get anything from me. And I hope others will follow my example.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not sure if I will be there or not I am going to CSC to pick up a trailer, bedford will only be 55 miles from colleen. So I might make it.

But don't count on me just is case I get tied up at CSC. If n we show up it will be a surprise.

Rolling Thunder will not be until Sunday the 24th to ride to Pentagon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You wouldn't catch me on a dare at rolling thunder, I asked (via personal phone call) them for some support ..ie let their members know about my charity ride for "DAV and Homes for Our Troops" and they couldn't be bothered ... even tho they are "suppose" to be for VETS ..in reality they are only for their self glory. Of course that's how most " VET" ORGs are like.. Mostly for their own pay check, self serving EGO's, and self glory. AM Legion said ."it's not our event so we can't help" and just about the same with VFW. I would have understood if I was asking for money etc, but ALL I asked was to let their members know about the ride information ie Web site, dates etc.
I say to them "SHAME ON THEM"!!! The only "Vet" group that was willing, supportive and contibuted web site space, admin help media exposure etc and more than happy to work with the other Charity Group (Homes for Our Troops) was the DAV. The DAV showed me who they are really out there for ... "THE VETS" .
So, the VFW, AM Legion, Rolling Thunder, will NEVER get anything from me. And I hope others will follow my example.
I'm not here to argue, or, defend Rolling Thunder. Rolling Thunder isn't a vet group in the sense you’re thinking of. Rolling Thunder started as a protest over the government’s treatment of POWs, not a vet's assistance organization.

I've been to RT for the past 7 years. I go because of the POW issue, to show my support for the military and for my fellow brothers and sisters. Besides, it is nice to see all of the bikes, and, to stop at the Mall and sightsee. It is the only time the entire DC area has mostly bikes and no cages to worry about.

You are correct. Most organizations, be it vets, non-profits, handicap, beer drinkers of america, yada, yada, yada, will only help if it is in their self interest. I have never run across any organzation that will bend over backwards to help unless they see the value and hope to gain a little something.

If you need assistance helping our Vets and active duty please let me know. I will do what I can.

OBTW: I'm a vet (26 years USN) and also a member of DAV. Let's not let this thread stay high jacked.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello!!!!

So far just Va rider60 & his wife, the wife & I and 2 maybe's??? :shrug:

I rekon maybe it's a bad date for ya'll? Let me know please.

If I can't get more folks I'll probably ride the Motorcycle Grand tour & get more stamps in my passport....Mark are you up for that?

Mark

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Very good to know. Thanks for the info Milbear.

I say to them
"SHAME ON THEM"!!! The only "Vet" group that was willing, supportive and contibuted web site space, admin help media exposure etc and more than happy to work with the other Charity Group (Homes for Our Troops) was the DAV. The DAV showed me who they are really out there for ... "THE VETS" .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beford VA

Mark,
I don't know because it is Memorial weekend and right now my wife is out of town. If they(family) goes to the pool, I will ride but we might go see my mom. She just came home from her operation on her back. She lives in South Caroline.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cancelled!!!!

Since I have not had any more replies from folks that want to go this coming Saturday (23rd) I am now officially cancelling the ride.

I'm sure will get another one up where more folks can go.

Mark & EL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts