GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About Saturday for a ride. I am thinking,

1: The National Railroad Museum in Green Bay. http://www.nationalrrmuseum.org/ This is really something. Please explore their web site via the link I have posted. They have the world's largest steam locomotive in their lobby! Impressive! It's almost 3 hours up there and 3 hours back. I expect to have 2 hours there. It will be a high performance ride up and back. We will leave directly from Paul Bunyan's. So be ready and gassed up.

2.New Diggings General Store. http://newdiggs.com/ This is a fun place to go for lunch and just ride around southwest Wisconsin. It's about 100 miles each way and a little over 2 hours. Much more relaxed than the Green Bay ride. the store is a really cool place and lot's of fun. We will probably see lot's of other biker groups there if the weather is good.

If there is enough interest I will be glad to lead one and someone else can lead the other.

In regards to the High Rock Cafe. Linda and I are in. Dinner with Randy (Rail32) will be a hoot. Heck any meal with Randy is a hoot. Randy's mouth must be the entrance to another dimension where the in habitants are perpetually starving.:lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I have never been to new diggings , interesting .

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've never been to New Diggins either. We ride to Galena for a few days every year so I will add that to the must see list. Thanks Orrin for the tip...:thumbup:

Scott....

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
New diggings is pretty cool place especially on weekends when lots of cool old stuff shows up :thumbup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would be interested in the New Diggins ride. The Railroad Museum is neat. Have been there a few time. Almost in our back yards.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Btt

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not read or heard anything about going to Green Bay Railroad Museum....so we will be going to New Diggings on Saturday for lunch at the Old General Store. I will work out a good route. Please make suggestions.:biker:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just so you know, I will have a good route planned to New Diggings!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts