GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lakeshore Family Resteraunt in Wautoma.

I have to go to the store in Wautoma and get some sausage for our upcoming Branson trip this week so I thought I would throw this out there in case anybody can make it.

Say 9:30am in the parking lot.

I know there is another RTE and think they are far enough apart so as not to interfere, I just have time to run up Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Might make it

Hi John, will try to make it:nojoke: but am working 11-7 and will have to see how I feel in the morning!!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
It's Marshfields Dairy fest and Betty convinced me to walk in parade for the untilities she works for to throw candy to the kids . We will be walking with our new electric powered utility truck that I was promised I could play on . So as much as I would love to ride down and join ya , it just can't happen this time .
As apart of Betty's convincing me there was fair food mentioned .:twisted:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is possible that I will not be attending tomorrow. We just got the call that some dear friends had a very bad accident in Troy ALabama.

They left early for a wedding in FL and were going to meet us in Branson Thursday morning.

As of now he is in surgery, but what we know is he has a ruptured spleen, a kidney issue and a broken clavical. Other issues as well.

If we get the call Sarah and I will be driving down to help with things, if it is not possible for their daughters to do so.

My understanding is that the bike is a total loss and no word on the trailer. It is hard for me to say this but as we understand it this was his fault. His wife has a ton of road rash but should be OK.

He has been to a few RTE's but for now I will keep names to myself.

Be well and be safe out there!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Sorry to here about your friend John. June and I have them in our prayers.
I was just to post up, that June and I will be at the RTE. We will still show up.
Hoping all goes well with your Friends.
Stop and have breakfast and then run over to Elkhart Lake for AMA rode races.

Lee and June

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Please forward my sincerest well wishes to the both of them for a fast recovery . Never , ever like to hear the news of a fellow rider hurt . Of there is anything I can do to help , feel free to ask .

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to here about your friend John. June and I have them in our prayers.
I was just to post up, that June and I will be at the RTE. We will still show up.
Hoping all goes well with your Friends.
Stop and have breakfast and then run over to Elkhart Lake for AMA rode races.

Lee and June
Thanks Lee!

Funny as tomorrow was the only day I could head up for the sausage. In Jefferson now watching the grandsons and Sarah took one home for a sleep over at our house.

Sunday booked and Monday have an apt for my car and pack and all that stuff on Tuesday.

Wish I could make the AMA races as I normally do. I wonder how long they will be able to carry on?

As it stands it looks like I will be there as no call yet I am thinking the daughters are heading down.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since it was posted on FB it was Bruce and Bernie Hanson from Madison.

He has been to Trails End and Pine Cone RTE's. Has a white 08.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
It's Marshfields Dairy fest and Betty convinced me to walk in parade for the untilities she works for to throw candy to the kids . We will be walking with our new electric powered utility truck that I was promised I could play on . So as much as I would love to ride down and join ya , it just can't happen this time .
As apart of Betty's convincing me there was fair food mentioned .:twisted:
So are you in the new kids parade or the big parade?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
So are you in the new kids parade or the big parade?
:lol: the big one silly .
We are number 52 out of 103
I have not been to the dairy fest in a great many years , because this is normally first week of my 2 week solo riding vacation down south. Been well over a decade really .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
:lol: the big one silly .
We are number 52 out of 103
I have not been to the dairy fest in a great many years , because this is normally first week of my 2 week solo riding vacation down south. Been well over a decade really .

I am sure that if you are invited back next year, you will be moved to the :thumbup: New Kids Parade.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I cannot even do the kids parade anymore. Something about not behaving or not following the rules or setting a bad example, maybe all of them. Silly rules anyway. Oh well now I just ride down the parade route a couple minutes before it starts and way to everyone.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I always hate to hear about someone being in an accident, and the wife worries about it alot also. I hope your friend pulls through and heals up quickly.

Stay vigilant everyone the only one looking out for you is "You"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
It is possible that I will not be attending tomorrow. We just got the call that some dear friends had a very bad accident in Troy, Alabama.
Be well and be safe out there!!!!!!
So sorry to hear of your friend's accident, John. You and all those concerned will be in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Dang it, that is terrible. Bruce is a nice guy. I sure hope he will be alright. It only takes on second and a good day can turn real bad. Please keep us posted on his progress.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Well I couldn't make the RTE, but I did get Nancy out for her first ride this year. We had to change how we got on the bike and how she could get off easy. Only went for about an hour, but all back roads and she did well. Have to start building her up for Stone Barn. It would be nice if she could make that one.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts