GL1800Riders Forums banner

Saturday RTE

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  JONES911 
#1 · (Edited)
OK guys , this Saturday will be fantastic in Texas with temps at 72 and low humidity . Lets plan a RTE at Murphy's Steakhouse in Winchester Tx. It's a nice ride to get there and the food is always good. We will meet there at 11 o'clock just as they open. They also have an old fashion ice cream parlor next to the steakhouse.Let me know for a head count.

Text Wall Font Advertising Art
Building Architecture House Facade Home
Building Diner Restaurant Signage Rest area

See less See more
#2 ·
:surprise::lol:

I guess nobody wants to break bread with you Roger! :surprise:>:)

Now if it would have been Winchester KY or Winchester OH I would have come.

Reactions: Yoda
#4 ·
OK guys , this Saturday will be fantastic in Texas with temps at 72 and low humidity . Lets plan a RTE at Murphy's Steakhouse in Winchester Tx. It's a nice ride to get there and the food is always good. We will meet there at 11 o'clock just as they open. They also have an old fashion ice cream parlor next to the steakhouse.Let me know for a head count.

View attachment 337175 View attachment 337177 View attachment 337179
I have been busy roger, i just saw this. I might be able to sneak out in the morning, lmk if your still going. Hopefully the wind will lay down. Haven't ridden since my Nashville ride.

#7 ·
Texas is just a "tad" to far/ Even on a Goldwing!
Coming from Massachusetts

Heck! Just last Saturday I rode 330 miles in 40* temps for a BBQ that never happened! :crying:crying:

Ronnie

Reactions: Yoda
#10 ·
I had planned on going to LJ's for bar-be-que in Brenham for some time now so I'll have to pass. I do like Murphy's but LJ's more. Maybe next time.

#13 ·
I wish I could have come! I'm not even going to make the soccer game. It's going to **** in a handbasket. Eat one for me.

Glen

#16 ·
Roger, I came real close to pulling this trigger, but I have a neighborhood poker tonight and someone is bringing BBQ.
Besides, I had to save some money to give to the winner.

Instead, I rode the Superduke to Huntsville for an Advocato sandwich. Then stopped in New Waverly for a coffee and orange biscuit. Almost all curvey roads, the weather was perfect. One of the best days I have had riding in a while. I felt sorry for anyone who thought it might be too cold and decided not to ride.

Just a thought, there's a rider on the BMW site, who is organizing a Murphy's ride-in the first Saturday in January. It'd be interesting to see if we could get more Wings than BMW's to show up.

#19 ·
Well glad it turned out better than mine. Got stuck in Aggie football traffic on 290 then the fall festival in Chappell Hill and to top it off LJ's was closed for a big catering job. Ate sorry bar be que in Brenham the only good thing was Wiekels kolaches we picked up.

#21 ·
DANG!!! Marvin was buying....I picked a bad time to be down sick. All I could do all week and weekend was stare out the window and cough my lungs up.

Reactions: Glockjock
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.