GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be spending 2 weeks in Florida (end of Jan, / beginning of Feb.) and was thinking about riding up to the area. Anyone have any info, or must dos if I get to the area?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
You must go to River Street and the Historic Area. Spend a few days there. Old days and pirate stuff. Nice restaurants if you like seafood, Tubby's in Thunderbolt. The Tubby's on River Street is okay, but the original is much better. However, the parking lot is dirt, so be careful on a bike. If you don't feel like walking, there are many tours you can ride and let the guides explain the sites. Nice and relaxing.

If you go out at night, be careful and try to go with a group. Stay out of the dark alleys. Crime, it sux.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
If you're into playing music - check out Rody's - best music store I've ever seen. I used to slip down to Savanah when I was stationed in Charleston, loved the city but I was a LOT younger then. River street and the Southern charm of the old part of the city were high points. So Antebellum!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I have always had an intrest in some of the older cities on the coast, and have the chance to get to Savannah so I thought I would take advantage.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you have time, take a ride to Tybee Island. Nice place. There are few historical sites in the area.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Heard that the crime rate downtown is on the rise. Might be a consideration, if verified.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Don't pass up the opportunity to tour Savannah on the Segway. It is a hoot. The tour office is in the city center area. We parked our wing at the visitor center and walked the entire downtown district. There is parking along some streets but the visitor center was always there.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
We stayed in the historic area will be taking another trip down this year. The trolley tour is worthwhile and brings the area history all together. The town is well worth the trip, especially when you learn some of that history.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will be arriving in Bushnell (60 miles north of Tampa) on Jan 28th.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Place to eat

If you like British Food, Churchill's British Pub is great. They were downtown but have moved, they can be Googled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts