GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling east on rt 2 in Vermont heading over to New Hampshire. Out of the corner of my eye I saw some movement on the opposite side of the road. It was a moose running full speed, about 30 MPH. Now I don't think it was fully grown because he was only the size of a big deer and had no antlers. I stayed behind it for a bit in case he opted to cross the street but I thought that I wanted a picture. When I felt safe I opened the throttle to pass to get by it. My plan was to pull over and take a picture but as I was slowing down, it darted into the woods on the other side of the road, never to be seen again. It was so exciting. Of course the rest of the day I was scanning the sides of the road.

·
Registered
2012 ABS GL1800
179 Posts
Moose with calf in Northern Idaho ran down the road in front of us for 1/4 mile before they got off the road. Elk, & Bison, in Yellowstone walking on the shoulder of the road as we gave them as much room as we could as we drove past. Deer ran across the road and I swear I clipped the back hoof in Northern California. Antelope running across and along the side of the road in Wyoming. Makes you pucker for sure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Desert Bighorn Sheep, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NV

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Seen a lot of various critters (cougars, moose, coyotes, wolves, elk, bears, deer and all the little types of varmits) driving around the north country but the "rarest" one I've seen while riding the bike was a lynx. Last year almost right on the somewhat local Lauentian Divide. Didn't have the video cam on board when he (she?) quickly crossed the road in front of me.

Attachments

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot about the 2 black bear I saw about 6 years ago. Walking on the yellow line on Skyline Drive in Virginia.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I saw a squirrel and turkey crossing the road last week..........while on a ride..........(I live in the city)

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Three young adolescent raccoons traveling down the side of the logging road yesterday. And a small young black bear. Several deer, which aren't worrisome when Im woods riding but they are my biggest concern when riding the highways.
Plenty of typical woods critters everywhere here, even in the back yard most days.

·
Registered
510 Posts
See lots of elk here in the town of Payson all the time.
Read in the paper where 4 or 5 elk got hit and killed just on the south edge of Payson in the last week or so.
Wouldn't want to hit them on a bike or trike.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Not so exotic on our Pacific Island.
Here are some images of the Sheep you may encounter

And you often encounter some young Cattle beasts.

:)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts