GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 8am, 70* F, clear blue skies rolling eastbound on I696 just north of Detroit I past 3 bikes riding together a BMW 2up, a GoldWing 2up, and a Harley solo. All loaded down with travel bags. Everybody waved and looked like they were having a great time. Nobody cared about what the other guy was riding just as long as they were out enjoying it. Tonight after work the wife & I are leaving to go to Mansfield, OH for Sunday and then Monday on to Dayton, OH to tour the Air Force museum. LIFE IS GREAT !
Enjoy
Ken

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Ken.I am like those you observed.It doesn't matter to me what the other guys rides,as long as he too enjoys riding.:doorag:

I may joke with friends about bikes,but we all know it's in jest.
Personally I just don't understand why a person feels the need to bash another brand of bike.We don't do that with cages,so why do it to bikes.:shrug:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I know where they were going.
Just find a town North of Detroit that has a Dairy Queen, a dive bar, and a 3 star bistro all on the same block....

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Where I come from, such sights are commonplace. There are brand fanatics as well but there are enough of us guys who just like to ride that it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I ride with 3 or 4 other guys most of the time, I have a Kawasaki Concours 1400, one has a BMW 1300GT two have Honda ST 1300's two have Gold Wings and my son has a Harley Ultra Classic. Of course my connie is THE BEST OF ALL OF THEM!!!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
While running to/from Knoxville this week, almost all of the oncoming riders waved no matter what they were riding. The ones that didn't I believe was because the other bike with me was a BMW. Sorry Dick...had to tease you!!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I passed a similar situation myself this past week, I did notice that they had the HD guy with the loud pipes riding last, I could care less what anyone rides myself, to each his own.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Enjoy the museum!!! It is one of the best around

Mark

+1 I cannot say enough good things about the museum at Wright Pat. Take the time to spend an entire day there. Here are a few pics to whet your appetite, if it needs it at all.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I passed a similar situation myself this past week, I did notice that they had the HD guy with the loud pipes riding last, I could care less what anyone rides myself, to each his own.

+1 Ride what you want, but I still don't like the loud pipes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ken.I am like those you observed.It doesn't matter to me what the other guys rides,as long as he too enjoys riding.:doorag:

Personally I just don't understand why a person feels the need to bash another brand of bike.We don't do that with cages,so why do it to bikes.:shrug:

Yeah, I never kid my friends about what kind of truck they drive, as long as it's not a Chevy! ;)

Of my three favorite riding buds, one rides a BMW 1200GT, one rides a Harley Ultra, and the third rides a Goldwing. The Goldwing rider tours the most, and is very passionate about his bike. He's considering getting a Street Glide as a 2nd bike, but he'll never give up his Wing. He is the main reason I'm looking at trading my Harley for a Wing.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Saturday 8am, 70* F, clear blue skies rolling eastbound on I696 just north of Detroit I past 3 bikes riding together a BMW 2up, a GoldWing 2up, and a Harley solo. All loaded down with travel bags. Everybody waved and looked like they were having a great time. Nobody cared about what the other guy was riding just as long as they were out enjoying it. Tonight after work the wife & I are leaving to go to Mansfield, OH for Sunday and then Monday on to Dayton, OH to tour the Air Force museum. LIFE IS GREAT !
Enjoy
Ken
Our Gang: Goldwing, 4 FJR's, Connie 14, Kawi Nomad, CanAm Spyder, Goldwing Trike, HD Road King

An odd lot when we pull up to a light.

BG

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
We don't do that with cages,so why do it to bikes.:shrug:
Sure we do. I've heard ford as fix or repair daily all my life. Chevy fans hate ford, ford hates chevy, they both hate mopar and imports. It's the nature of the beast to have better than the other guy so people dog the other ride. I've had goldwings and a Harley. Love the ride. I've had a corvette, roadrunner and chevelle. Love the ride. I've been a GM fan all my life now I have a Toyota in the garage along side of the wing and John Deere, 2 pickup trucks in the drive, ford and chevy. Love the ride.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
My grandmother lived in Fairborn, about a long block away, and when I stayed with her I would go to the museum almost every other day. I could walk there in about fifteen minutes. I still go there every couple of years. You really can't see everything in a day. It's awsome.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
There is something wrong with those people Rocky. If you stop to think about it, look at their other posts on other subjects... they always follow the same negative way of (non?) thinking. Always there, lying in wait, ready to bash. :roll:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocky
Personally I just don't understand why a person feels the need to bash another brand of bike.We don't do that with cages,so why do it to bikes.:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Rocky didn't you know that Corvette owners think that only Gays and Hairdressers drive BMW's. :lol:

A guy walked into a parts store and asked if he could get an Oil Filter for his Ford Pickup Truck.
The parts Guy said "Yeah, that would probably be a fair trade"

It's all just in fun....

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is what it's all about! Enjoying the ride and friends and just look at the diverse places to eat. A guy could gain some (more) weight with a group of friends like that!!:doorag:

Igneouss said it best!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ya'll are right. Who cares what people ride. Just ride! The Air Force Museum is one of the best I have ever been to. I've heard there are other kinds of museums besides aviation museums, but I have no first hand experince of them.:joke:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts