GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
It doesn't look too bad as a trike. It would be easy to get rid of the "alien" front. The black side covers actually look good on that one.

Trikes are expensive. For a brand new one I don't think that is too bad but I think there might be some room for negotiating.

Question: I just noticed that it has the key lock on the right side fairing - is there still a pocket there under the buttons? I thought the airbag models lost the right side pocket.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I sure wouldn't pay that for a bike with no warranty.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It doesn't look too bad as a trike. It would be easy to get rid of the "alien" front. The black side covers actually look good on that one.

Trikes are expensive. For a brand new one I don't think that is too bad but I think there might be some room for negotiating.

Question: I just noticed that it has the key lock on the right side fairing - is there still a pocket there under the buttons? I thought the airbag models lost the right side pocket.
The key lock is now used for the little glove box that is in front of the seat where the radio was located before on the bikes with out air bags.

·
Registered
314 Posts
2012 Trike

Looks like Roadsmith dosen't like the 2012 taillight configuration either. We saw a Hannigan trike at Wing Ding and it had the new 2012 taillight on it. YUUUKE!!!

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I sure wouldn't pay that for a bike with no warranty.
Still have warranty-just not on the drive train:eek:4:
However-several of the dealers that are selling conversions are covering the bikes as if nothing has been added. Do you think they have some secret deal going w/Honda:shrug:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Still have warranty-just not on the drive train:eek:4:
However-several of the dealers that are selling conversions are covering the bikes as if nothing has been added. Do you think they have some secret deal going w/Honda:shrug:

No those dealers just AREN'T telling Techline that it's a trike when they call Techline for warranty repairs.
Just wait until the Honda Rep finds out and puts the Kibosh on that dealers franchise..No Rep will risk losing his Job for a dealer by going against Honda's policy!
Honda has plenty of Lawyers that will take care of that dealer,and I'm betting they will look at the dealers past repairs on GW's to recover
unauthorized warranty repairs according to what Honda terms as NO- more Warranty after you trike one of their bikes!

Anyone who tells or sell you anything else doesn't work for HONDA.

·
Registered
640 Posts
H&W Honda in Palestine, Tx has several already triked by Motortrike....

Rip
2008 Motortrike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I would think there are just as many lawyers whom would go after Honda regarding warranty work that has nothing do to with having it triked. Man that frosts my cookies when that happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts