GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon was nice, today will be even better. Saw three Wings out, a red trike on 119 near Elk Hills W.V. The I met a yellow Wing in a sweeper up around Spencer W.V. on Rt. 33. And yet another red Wing somewhere around Ripley. Anyone from here??

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wasn't me. :-( I however did get out and clean up my trike and the garage yesterday...even though it was chilly. Today is supposed to be fairly nice, but you can't see across the street for the fog right now. We'll see. :shrug: You always seem to get nicer weather over in Western WV. :cool: Hope it does warm up to 68-70 here like it is supposed to. We'll see. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
427 Posts
What are the Must-Ride roads in WV?

Was up in your neck of the woods back Feb.6th. It is a beautiful state. Came in from the west (Kentucky)I-64 to I-79 and picked up a trailer in Clarksburg, WV.

Would like to make a run thru on the bike around the 1st to 2nd week of May.

What are the must-ride routes, destinations, etc. when coming in from Lexington, KY and heading back SE toward the Blue Ridge Pkwy to go back south.

Thanks for any input.

Mike:doorag:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was up in your neck of the woods back Feb.6th. It is a beautiful state. Came in from the west (Kentucky)I-64 to I-79 and picked up a trailer in Clarksburg, WV.

Would like to make a run thru on the bike around the 1st to 2nd week of May.

What are the must-ride routes, destinations, etc. when coming in from Lexington, KY and heading back SE toward the Blue Ridge Pkwy to go back south.

Thanks for any input.

Mike:doorag:
Mike there are just too many, but a few favorites include: Hawks nest/Gauley Bridge areas, I also love anywhere out around Elkins, Seneca Rocks, Blackwater Falls, The Beckley areas New river bridge,and Bab**** state park. Scenic Byway 150 near Richwood in the Monongahela forest is good too. Generally speaking, the closer you are to Maryland or Virginia the prettier it gets. I think the eastern part of the state is really beautiful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts