GL1800Riders Forums banner

Saw the orange wing today, I think that will be my next one

846 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  zaT111 
#1 ·
Man the burnt orange is a pretty cool color. I loved my yellow '05, but think I can grow attached to an '07 Orange. I will be shopping around next week.

On a humorous note, the dealer here in Dallas would not give me a quote. The salesman said I need to bring him a price from another dealer and that they would match it. Wait until he sees the quote I get from Southern Powersports. They might change the policy after that since I know they will not even come close to that price.

#3 ·
Concur. I saw one in person and it just knocked my socks off. I've got some equity in my 05 though and I can't help but think something really cool is going to happen in the next couple of years (automatic? 2 liter?). I love the color but I don't want to be in a postion where I HAVE to ride what I got if something profound happens in wing world. I have to admit though, if I had it to so over again I would have ended up with yellow.

Scott

#4 ·
I wouldn't wait too long...

They had the Pearl Orange in '02
A metallic orange (redder) in '03
and burnt orange in '07

Don't blame ya for liking it though... it really IS the fastest color. :wink: (gets the attention of women too!)

G
#5 ·
I'm gonna hold my comments on those "metallic" colors until I see them for myself, but I don't think a minor color change is enough to think about a '07.
Now, if I feel I could afford all the bells and whistles, and they offered a '07 in yellow, I'd have one tomorrow. Until then it's just me and my candy red '03.

#6 ·
BigLaw said:
Concur. I saw one in person and it just knocked my socks off. I've got some equity in my 05 though and I can't help but think something really cool is going to happen in the next couple of years (automatic? 2 liter?). I love the color but I don't want to be in a postion where I HAVE to ride what I got if something profound happens in wing world. I have to admit though, if I had it to so over again I would have ended up with yellow.

Scott
I don't expect to see any major changes till 2010 or 2011 on the Wing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.