GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was ahead of us on A1A along the beach in Daytona. We thought we had it figured out until he made a sharp (almost stopped) turn off of A1A into a hotel parking lot and the landing gear never came down. I haven't checked the listed specs but maybe a gyro on board?

http://www.polysoft-consulting.com/ecomobile/index.htm

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Except the US version seems to have permanent outriggers. While the one Hal saw has the tires up in the side of the body. Probably for tip over purposes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want one too....yellow and with the cd changer installed. :?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Those that are bothered by "wind buffeting" now have their solution.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Except the US version seems to have permanent outriggers. While the one Hal saw has the tires up in the side of the body. Probably for tip over purposes.
The one we saw had the wheels connected to a rod that was behind the wheel with a cut in the fairing. It appeared as if it was similar to a retractable landing gear. We expected it to start to come down as he slowed to make the hard right hand turn but it never did.

·
Registered
325 Posts
She definetely needs MORE CHROME!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
:D That would need air conditioning ... and a TV for the co-rider. :wink: :wink: :roll: If I would have to use that as a means of transportation I would give it all up! :roll: :shock: Might as well be driving the wifes Buick! :(

·
Registered
584 Posts
full body

BMW makes one. The landing gear do come down, it has air, CD, Garmin, Etc. Costs $99,000.+ and runs around 200 Mph. Don't remember what mag it's in.
Steve

·
Registered
584 Posts
more

I almost 4-got, it can run with the superbikes, sometimes faster, sometimes slower. I believe it is also turbocharged. It's lean angle has to be seen to be believed. Talk about putting pucks on the out side of your scooter!!
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts