GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost 1500 miles in 27 hours to get her . 13 with 500 miles only . Lots of mods planned . Took it out after a short nap . Easily walks through 6" snow . Swapped grips already as they sucked. Gonna mount up
Atv tire on rear the second find extra rim , YZ80 fork tubes and Yamaha blaster Atv rear shock , pipe , jetting & rear rack in store for ole number 40 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Cool.

I almost bought one of those for the bumper of my travel trailer last year. I ended up buying a used 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 with EFI .... which is now in the rear view mirror and replaced with the retro GL1000 I just bought.

Suzuki has one out now called the VanVan 200. A little more retro looking with EFI.

The popularity of those Yams is cult like.

You will have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.

I almost bought one of those for the bumper of my travel trailer last year. I ended up buying a used 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 with EFI .... which is now in the rear view mirror and replaced with the retro GL1000 I just bought.

Suzuki has one out now called the VanVan 200. A little more retro looking with EFI.

The popularity of those Yams is cult like.

You will have fun with it.
I have always been sucked into cult followings ! Jeeps, VWs, El Caminos , & odd bikes like Hodakas

Reactions: cycledude

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
I have always been sucked into cult followings ! Jeeps, VWs, El Caminos , & odd bikes like Hodakas
Nice looking bike Randy. I bet you have a lot of fun on it. One question???????????? What is all that white stuff all over the ground???>:) I had 63* on the bike today as got 150 miles in! :grin2:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Nice looking bike Randy. I bet you have a lot of fun on it. One question???????????? What is all that white stuff all over the ground???>:) I had 63* on the bike today as got 150 miles in! :grin2:
HINT ! IF YA RUB YOUR NOSE IN IT YOU'LL GET COLD ! :wink2::laugh::laugh: 83 HERE TODAY

Reactions: Boomer1832cc

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Nice ! Looks like more fun than a snowmobile. (overall)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice ! Looks like more fun than a snowmobile. (overall)

Short riding season is why I long longer own a sled .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Looks so strange. It has a seat? What is with that? There goes all that conditioning. Turning it into a Rokon?

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks so strange. It has a seat? What is with that? There goes all that conditioning. Turning it into a Rokon?

I played on it today riding it like a trials bike . I am truly gonna love this street legal fat tire bike .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts